Africa

Goto page 123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Hey I'm starting to get into African music and am looking for some new artists / favorite albums to check out. So for I've been listening to a lot of Cesaria Evora, Sidi Toure, Ali Farka Toute, Fela Kuti, and Tcheka. I think my favorite artists are Amadou Diang and Fallou Dieng. What else would ya'll recommend?
  • Quote
I'm not the most well-versed in African music, but other than the artists you've mentioned, I really enjoyed these albums:


Dimanche ร€ Bamako by Amadou & Mariam


El Rego by El Rego
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
Hey I'm starting to get into European music and am looking for some new artists / favorite albums to check out. So far, I've been listening to a lot of Bach, The Beatles, Jacques Brel, Eugeniusz Rudnik, Romica Puceanu, Beethoven, and Joy Division. I think my favorite artists are A. G. Cook and Burzum. What else would y'all recommend?
  • Quote
Satie wrote:
Hey I'm starting to get into European music and am looking for some new artists / favorite albums to check out. So far, I've been listening to a lot of Bach, The Beatles, Jacques Brel, Eugeniusz Rudnik, Romica Puceanu, Beethoven, and Joy Division. I think my favorite artists are A. G. Cook and Burzum. What else would y'all recommend?


I was waiting for that
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=18070

I have some stuff on here you might like ๐Ÿ˜„ Mostly in the middle of the chart.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote

Obaa Sima by Ata Kak

Asew by Ofori Amponsah

Africa: Shona Mbira Music by Various Artists
  • Quote
William Onyeabor

Back in the d-day, this guy made some great albums that managed to be funky, electronic and just plain weird all at the same time, but in a good way. I got a boxset of his discography last Christmas and I continue to enjoy it.
_________________
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums

Top 100 Music Albums of the 2010s
  • Quote

Link
  • Quote
gerhard wrote:
Hey I'm starting to get into African music and am looking for some new artists / favorite albums to check out.


Howdy.

I started making charts a while back for various African nations but got lazy. here's the 2 that actually exist.

Ghana: http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=25171
Mali: http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=25174

as for new stuff. These all came out this year and are varying degrees of amazing.


From Kinshasa by Mbongwana Star


Nyanza by Owiny Sigoma Band


Nozinja Lodge by Nozinja


Ba Power by Bassekou Kouyatรฉ & Ngoni Ba


Zoy Zoy by Tal National
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote

Aura by King Sunny Adรฉ

This album of Juju music is really great, and features some nice harmonica work by Stevie Wonder on the opening track.
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 123  Next
Page 1 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] [CLOSED] +1500 Round 1: Same Trailer.... Goodsir Tournaments
[ Poll ] [CLOSED] +1500 Round 4: Quatuor Pour ... Goodsir Tournaments
User Pick of the Day (#66): รfrica B... Guest Music
[ Poll ] [CLOSED]+1500 Round 3: Creep On Creep... Goodsir Tournaments
I'm Addicted to World Cup 2010 South ... thomas697 Lounge

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.