Hip Hop Parallels

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I'm almost done with there discography, but I do want to post a question. Was Outkast hip hops answer to the Beatles? Kinda curious because Outkast was an important group when I was way younger. Or am I off base. Also what hip hop groups are similar to rock acts?
  • Quote
Luigii wrote:
I'm almost done with there discography, but I do want to post a question. Was Outkast hip hops answer to the Beatles? Kinda curious because Outkast was an important group when I was way younger. Or am I off base. Also what hip hop groups are similar to rock acts?


Beastie Boys
  • Quote
I do need to listen to the Beastie Boys.
  • Quote
Luigii wrote:
I do need to listen to the Beastie Boys.


I'm not really sure what you mean by which hip-hop acts are similar to Rock acts. do you mean rock that has rap or hip hop in it? Like rap metal? Or do u mean a hip hop act that sounds like rock maybe? Or hip hop that acts like rock bands?
  • Quote
Oh wait, now I think I know what you mean. do you mean which hip-hop Acts were influential like the Beatles were influential? like people who were there at the beginning? Like people who were pioneers? I really don't know that much about hip hop history but I would say it would be people like Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash, Rakim, Sugarhill Gang. That type of thing.
  • Quote
N.W.A are sort of the velvet underground of hip hop. dre is cale because of the producing, ice cube is lou reed, easy e is moe tucker and mc ten is sterling morrison. i guess dj yella can be nico. sort of both rough street and gritty and were both madly influential.

biggie is like hendrix short but brilliant career possibly the best at what they do.

The D.O.C. is Graham Parsons tragedy strikes just as getting famous of course the D.O.C. is still alive.

Snoop is like Chicago the first album is great then they get progressively worse from there

madvillain is like blind faith or derek and the dominos one massive spectacular album from a supergroup

blackstar is simon and garfunkel

run dmc is csn
  • Quote
glynspsa wrote:
N.W.A are sort of the velvet underground of hip hop. dre is cale because of the producing, ice cube is lou reed, easy e is moe tucker and mc ten is sterling morrison. i guess dj yella can be nico. sort of both rough street and gritty and were both madly influential.

biggie is like hendrix short but brilliant career possibly the best at what they do.

The D.O.C. is Graham Parsons tragedy strikes just as getting famous of course the D.O.C. is still alive.

Snoop is like Chicago the first album is great then they get progressively worse from there

madvillain is like blind faith or derek and the dominos one massive spectacular album from a supergroup

blackstar is simon and garfunkel

run dmc is csn


I could totally see that.
  • Quote
The Roots
  • Quote
I do enjoy the roots. But what do they relate to rock music.
  • Quote
Luigii wrote:
I do enjoy the roots. But what do they relate to rock music.


Sorry, thought it might have been obvious.

They are an actual hip hop group that have stayed together for a number of great albums.
You can easily classify them as a band, and not simply a rap crew. Most rock bands are the same.
Whereas many rap acts are commonly referred to by the lead MCs name, The Roots are much closer to a rock band because next to nobody actually knows all of the members names.

Hope this clears up any confusion..

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Quotables from hip hop to personify you ramthecowy Music
Rock and Hip Hop Statistics Guest Music
TOP 10 HIP HOP of 2015 Lachapelle Music
My Top 10 Of Hip Hop Chemical Smile Music
BBC's 25 Best Hip Hop Songs Tha1ChiefRocka Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.