Barely Out of the Top 1000

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which Album do you think is better?
The Reminder - Feist:
6%
 6%  [3]
English Settlement - XTC:
15%
 15%  [7]
Pump - Aerosmith:
4%
 4%  [2]
Love and Theft - Bob Dylan:
20%
 20%  [9]
A Weekend In The City - Bloc Party:
2%
 2%  [1]
The 2nd Law - Muse:
4%
 4%  [2]
Sound Affects - The Jam:
11%
 11%  [5]
Sunflower - The Beach Boys:
13%
 13%  [6]
Faith - George Michael:
13%
 13%  [6]
Self-Titled - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah:
6%
 6%  [3]
Total Votes : 44

  • Quote
I made a poll similar to this one about a year ago, but now there's a new crop of albums just out of reach of the top 1000, so I figured why not make the poll again.

These Albums are ranked 1,001st to 1,010th
_________________
Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters, nothing really matters to me.


Last edited by hereforashortime on 02/25/2018 01:58; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Fun Facts: The Only Album In Both Lists is English Settlement by XTC
Royal Blood by Royal won that poll, but is now ranked at 1,041st.
Blonde Frank Ocean tied for third place in the poll, and is now ranked 333rd.
_________________
Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters, nothing really matters to me.
  • Quote
Out of the seven I've heard I had to go with the Dylan album. Probably his last true classic, although a few albums since have been pretty fun.
  • Quote
I wanted to vote for Sunflower and Pump really. Both belong right up there!

Had to go with Sunflower. Second best Beach Boys album (Surf's Up can take a hike!) and the best one if you start to grow out of Pet Sounds.
  • Quote
I actually just re-visited Pump the other day. For me Aerosmith is all about the first four albums, but Pump is a really solid stand alone effort.
_________________
100 Punk Favourites

Live Albums

Death Metal
  • Quote
Decurso wrote:
I actually just re-visited Pump the other day. For me Aerosmith is all about the first four albums, but Pump is a really solid stand alone effort.


Yeah. Can't argue with that really (and the first album is surprisingly good, right?) They were getting a bit silly by the time of Pump, but it's just a lot of fun really and I think one of the best classic rock albums of the 80s.
  • Quote
Eh, if I had to listen to one of those albums today I would pick Sunflower.
  • Quote
The only album I've come back to listen to was 2nd Law. I've listened to at least 80% of those, and only came back to 2nd Law for more. It's totally deserving to be not in the top 1000 though... probably fine where it is.
  • Quote
Sound Affects by The Jam for me. It's got 2 classics in That's Entertainment and Start, but the rest of the album is good too with songs like Man In The Cornershop, and Pretty Green.
  • Quote
It was a toss up between Pump, Muse, XTC and The Jam.
Then I spotted George Michael.
I love that album. Its totally cool.
So Faith got my vote.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] Barely out of the Top 1000 hereforashortime Music
Top 1000 albums of all time Cryptozoologist Music
Albums that You Wish Weren't in the T... Guest Music
top 1000 material Guest Music
Bands you want in the top 1000 albums. JMan Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.