Generally, when you hear about an album being a great lost album, and then you finally hear it, you say to yourself: "Now I know why this album was never released: because it's a piece of shit.". But here's two that I think are kind of good. I know there must be other ones, but I just can't think of that many lost albums right now. Maybe that Jim Morrison one. But I don't know how lost that was.
I just thought of this one. It's not like super great or anything, but still I think the single Mama Can't Buy You Love was the last really good thing he ever did. It was recorded right at the end of his classic 70s period. But only the one song was released at the time in 1977, until the whole thing was released in 1989.
This album was recorded in 1972 and 73, but the master tapes were lost in the Columbia vaults. It was eventually found and released in 1991. And it most certainly does not suck. _________________ I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
This album was recorded in 1972 and 73, but the master tapes were lost in the Columbia vaults. It was eventually found and released in 1991. And it most certainly does not suck.
I have the one called Blue River on vinyl. I always liked it. It sounds like Tapestry.
Cigarettes and Valentines by Green Day. They never released it because the master tapes were stolen, (of which they were recovered years later,) and instead of re-recording everything, they scrapped the album and made American Idiot, my favorite album of all time. So I'm kind of glad they scrapped the initial release date, but over the years they have slowly released (or at least performed) a few of the tracks that were supposed to be on the album, and they are all great. I hope they release that album sometime down the line.
This album was recorded in 1972 and 73, but the master tapes were lost in the Columbia vaults. It was eventually found and released in 1991. And it most certainly does not suck.
I have the one called Blue River on vinyl. I always liked it. It sounds like Tapestry.
This was the album that was supposed to have followed Blue River. It includes Leon Russell, Joan Baez, Dan Fogelberg, Rick Danko and Garth Hudson. _________________ I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
This album was recorded in 1972 and 73, but the master tapes were lost in the Columbia vaults. It was eventually found and released in 1991. And it most certainly does not suck.
I have the one called Blue River on vinyl. I always liked it. It sounds like Tapestry.
This was the album that was supposed to have followed Blue River. It includes Leon Russell, Joan Baez, Dan Fogelberg, Rick Danko and Garth Hudson.
Sounds awesome. Blue River has a wonderful sound to it and it's really very moving. I don't remember who the musicians were on it though. I wonder if they're the same ones as on this one. To tell the truth I don't remember ever seeing another album by him other than Blue River. Maybe these are the only two he ever made. I'm going to have to look that up.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum