Album Anniversary Discussion Thread

Goto page 1234  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
A thread to discuss the albums featured as album anniversaries when you feel moved.

The current featured anniversary is:


Telefone by Noname

Noname was the first rapper I ever anxiously awaited a debut project from, having been captivated by her features. So as soon as this was released I rushed to listen, and I was not disappointed. A stunning, full-of-life work of music and perfect mellow summer mixtape that steadily grew on me with each listen, from when I added it to the database until it reached #11 on my overall chart. It has been a pleasure to watch BEA warm up to it as well. Top 1000 when?
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
The Beatles' Abbey Road is 50 on the 26th September, as many know.
I hope Giles Martin releases a stereo remix of it then.
I enjoyed The White Album remix last year and Sgt Pepper the year before.
It would be good.


Abbey Road by The Beatles
  • Quote
Stover75 wrote:
The Beatles' Abbey Road is 50 on the 26th September, as many know.
I hope Giles Martin releases a stereo remix of it then.
I enjoyed The White Album remix last year and Sgt Pepper the year before.
It would be good.


Abbey Road by The Beatles


Maybe I wasn't clear. This is for the recently-added album anniversary feature on the front page.
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
I was confused to be honest. Will have to check out the feature.

EDIT: so is this inviting anyone to discuss the "anniversary album" of the day... today's would be:

On this day, 5 years ago, Angus & Julia Stone by Angus & Julia Stone was released. Angus & Julia Stone is ranked 6,934th in the overall rankings.

?

EDIT of my EDIT......: Stover, that's pretty, cool... I too dug the remixes... I want to remaster your hand... ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Quote
RoundTheBend wrote:
so is this inviting anyone to discuss the "anniversary album" of the day... today's would be:

On this day, 5 years ago, Angus & Julia Stone by Angus & Julia Stone was released. Angus & Julia Stone is ranked 6,934th in the overall rankings.


Yes.
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote

The Suburbs by Arcade Fire

Right. I get it.

So The Suburbs is 9 years old today. Hard to believe its nearly 10 years since this album was released. It's a fine album. I like the Sprawl song particularly.
  • Quote
baystateoftheart wrote:
A thread to discuss the albums featured as album anniversaries when you feel moved.

The current featured anniversary is:


Telefone by Noname

Noname was the first rapper I ever anxiously awaited a debut project from, having been captivated by her features. So as soon as this was released I rushed to listen, and I was not disappointed. A stunning, full-of-life work of music and perfect mellow summer mixtape that steadily grew on me with each listen, from when I added it to the database until it reached #11 on my overall chart. It has been a pleasure to watch BEA warm up to it as well. Top 1000 when?


This has been on my never ending list of must listens since it came out. I will now make it the next thing I check when I want some rap.
  • Quote
Stover75 wrote:

The Suburbs by Arcade Fire

Right. I get it.

So The Suburbs is 9 years old today. Hard to believe its nearly 10 years since this album was released. It's a fine album. I like the Sprawl song particularly.


Great album, although a bit overrated on BEA. I'm surprised it's still #1 for the 2010s. I wonder if Kanye and/or Kendrick will pass it in the next year or two - both are getting close. Agree with your track pick.
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
Since the Album Anniversary feature is probably based on the release dates in the BEA database, does that mean no albums before 2004 will be included (the release day and month aren't listed on pre-2004 albums)?
  • Quote
PurpleHazel wrote:
Since the Album Anniversary feature is probably based on the release dates in the BEA database, does that mean no albums before 2004 will be included (the release day and month aren't listed on pre-2004 albums)?


My understanding is yes, at least not until the release date feature is expanded to include albums before 2004. But feel free to post other albums with anniversaries in this thread too.
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 1234  Next
Page 1 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
[ Poll ] 1997: 20th Anniversary Thread Komorebi-D Music
BEUA Results discussion thread. alelsupreme Lounge
Genre Extravaganza REDUX Preliminary ... Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.