CLOSED- 2010s Tourney Play-In: Parquet Courts v The Hotelier

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which Song?
Parquet Courts- Stoned and Starving:
76%
 76%  [13]
The Hotelier- Your Deep Rest:
23%
 23%  [4]
Total Votes : 17

  • Quote
PARQUET COURTS- STONED AND STARVING


Link


Repping: NYC


Captain: JimmyDread

Repping: Twee by the Sea



VS



THE HOTELIER- YOUR DEEP REST


Link



Repping: Worcester, Massachusetts


Captain: Babybluesedan

Repping: U-S-of-A


Last edited by cestuneblague on 03/15/2020 02:51; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Ah man, I really love both of these. Probably gonna go Parquet Courts but not just yet. Great picks, both.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
For Me this was a no-brainer: Stoned and Starving is the best track of the very good Light Up Gold. Parquet Courts it is.
  • Quote
dihansse wrote:
For Me this was a no-brainer: Stoned and Starving is the best track of the very good Light Up Gold. Parquet Courts it is.


Same for me.
  • Quote
I have no idea why, but because of this match I realized that I didn't (but probably should) nominate anything from Halcyon Digest.

I remember not being a big fan of the Hotelier album, but this is a good track. Vote to Parquet Courts still...
  • Quote
tough vote but gonna have to go Parquet Courts on this one, although wouldn't mind to see either progress
  • Quote
I figured this would be a tough match-up when I saw it. Never been a big fan of Parquet Courts but Stoned and Starving is a lot of fun. Your Deep Rest is one of about three songs that can make me tear up just from thinking about it, and I'm sticking with my pick.
_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.
  • Quote
Despite the fact that I don't have much affinity with Parquet Courts, I prefer Stoned and Starving here.
  • Quote
Both great tracks, as others have stated, but I actually heard Light Up Gold when it was released, and I didn't know about The Hotelier until about a year ago. So, I associate Parquet Courts more with this time period than the other. Strange how that works, right?
  • Quote
Damn this Hotelier song is powerfully moving, but I can't vote against one of my favourite Parquet Courts songs.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CLOSEDEarly 2010s Tourney: Parquet Co... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSEDSFEarly 2010s Tourney: Dean Blu... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSEDRDEarly 2010s Tourney: EMA v Pa... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSEDPostIronicBF: Parquet Courts v ... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED 2010s Tourney Play-In: Susanne... cestuneblague Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.