Album of the day (#4544): Yeezus by Kanye West

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Yeezus by Kanye West (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 2013.
Country:
Overall rank: 200
Average rating: 78/100 (from 1365 votes).



Tracks:
1. On Sight
2. Black Skinhead
3. I Am A God
4. New Slaves
5. Hold My Liquor
6. I'm In It
7. Blood On The Leaves
8. Guilt Trip
9. Send It Up
10. Bound 2

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
I'm maybe a little less hot on it than other folks, but it's pretty good.

Track picks
2. Black Skinhead
7. Blood On The Leaves
9. Send It Up
10. Bound 2
_________________
Inversion Verses
https://thesplitinfinitives1.bandcamp.com/album/inversion-verses
  • Quote
This has maybe grown to be my favorite Kanye album.

One thing I can also thank this album for is introducing me to Omega (HU). Kanye samples "Gyöngyhajú lány" in "New Slang". That's probably one of Omega's best songs, but a huge portion of their catalogue is fantastic.

I also consider Yeezus the last good/great Kanye album. I know others hold The Life of Pablo in high regard, but I don't see it as any better than Ye or Jesus Is King, which I think most agree are not great.

I also have fond memories of watching Kanye perform "Black Skinhead" and "New Slaves" on the season finale of SNL in 2013. I was big into SNL at the time and that was the final episode for Fred Armisen, Bill Hader, and Jason Sudeikis, so I was expecting an emotional goodbye and skits focused on some of their best characters. But all I remember was how intense Kanye West's performance was and how good the songs were. For... probably obvious reasons I definitely cannot say that I respect Kanye anymore, but at that moment in 2013 I was in awe.
_________________
51 Washington, D.C. albums!

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
[ Poll ] [THREAD CLOSED] Kanye West Vs Iron Ma... Guest Tournaments
Kanye West AlexZangari Music
[ Poll ] Kanye west joined the top 100 !!!! cartoken Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.