Album of the day (#5393): All That You Can't Leave

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2 (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 2000.
Country:
Overall rank: 831
Average rating: 71/100 (from 952 votes).



Tracks:
1. Beautiful Day
2. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
3. Elevation
4. Walk On
5. Kite
6. In A Little While
7. Wild Honey
8. Peace On Earth
9. When I Look At The World
10. New York
11. Grace

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
waste of space
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
This was album of the day 13 years ago and got 27 replies (mostly haters). It doesnโ€™t seem like sentiment has changed ๐Ÿ˜œ
  • Quote
albummaster wrote:
This was album of the day 13 years ago and got 27 replies (mostly haters). It doesnโ€™t seem like sentiment has changed :P


Au contraire, I may be in a minority of one, not that unusual for me, but I really like this album.

There does seem to be a dislike of U2, no matter what album you are talking about, which I really cannot fathom.

The First Four tracks are brilliant. Falls away a little after that but still a great album.

There you go. Said my piece. I now await the relentless trolling
  • Quote
Johnnyo wrote:
Au contraire, I may be in a minority of one, not that unusual for me, but I really like this album.

There does seem to be a dislike of U2, no matter what album you are talking about, which I really cannot fathom.

The First Four tracks are brilliant. Falls away a little after that but still a great album.

There you go. Said my piece. I now await the relentless trolling

I was probably trolling myself a bit (I think). Not sure I fully understand either the reasons for sentiment against U2. I personally enjoyed some of their early albums such as War, Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree, but after Joshua Tree was released, I think my taste changed a bit and went towards other styles of music. Apart from the singles, I've probably not heard most of the rest of their discography, so I'm not in a position to pass my own judgement on this one.
  • Quote
Not my favorite U2 album by any stretch, but it has its highlights.

Track picks
1. Beautiful Day
6. In A Little While
9. When I Look At The World
11. Grace
_________________
Inversion Verses
https://thesplitinfinitives1.bandcamp.com/album/inversion-verses
  • Quote
I find the hate for U2 rather hilarious. Kinda like people saying they hate the Eagles because someone said it in a movie once.

They've had the career they've had because they have made a lot of great music. I can't hate that.
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
albummaster wrote:
Johnnyo wrote:
Au contraire, I may be in a minority of one, not that unusual for me, but I really like this album.

There does seem to be a dislike of U2, no matter what album you are talking about, which I really cannot fathom.

The First Four tracks are brilliant. Falls away a little after that but still a great album.

There you go. Said my piece. I now await the relentless trolling

I was probably trolling myself a bit (I think). Not sure I fully understand either the reasons for sentiment against U2. I personally enjoyed some of their early albums such as War, Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree, but after Joshua Tree was released, I think my taste changed a bit and went towards other styles of music. Apart from the singles, I've probably not heard most of the rest of their discography, so I'm not in a position to pass my own judgement on this one.


My favourite album would be Joshua Tree but there were some excellent albums after that.

Although a little overblown, Rattle & Hum was a great album and would have benefited from being a single, rather than double album.

Achtung baby is fantastic. Not a bad track on the whole album. After that you really only have All That....... which, as you know, I really like.

On a separate point, you said that last time there were 27 replies. This time it's just four of us which I think sort of sums up where engagement is right now but I'm sure that we (the most vocal contributors) can turn it around. Just need to get something to spark people interest. I'll give it some thought


Last edited by Johnnyo on 09/27/2025 12:27; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Romanelli wrote:
I find the hate for U2 rather hilarious. Kinda like people saying they hate the Eagles because someone said it in a movie once.

They've had the career they've had because they have made a lot of great music. I can't hate that.


Agreed. Thanks Romanelli. Don't feel so alone in my support of U2 now.
  • Quote
Johnnyo wrote:
My favourite album would be Joshua Tree but there were some excellent albums after that.

Although a little overblown, Rattle & Hum was a great album and would have benefited from being a single, rather than double album.

Achtung baby is fantastic. Not a bad track on the whole album. After that you really only have All That....... which, as you know, I really like.

On a separate point, you said that last time there were 27 replies. This time it's just four of us which I think sort of sums up where engagement is right now but I'm sure that we (the most vocal contributors) can turn it around. Just need to get something to spark people interest. I'll give it some thought

Thanks, much appreciated. Tbf, the 27 replies was from 7 users so not a massive difference to now, just those people posting more frequently. (For some reason, never listened to Rattle and Hum and was more into electronic music around that time, but remember the album being promoted everywhere).

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Album of the day (#639): All That You... Facetious Music
Can't delete ratings II Suggestions
Which album deserves to reach / leave... Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.