1 - Just because an album is old does not make it "dated" or "bad." Time does nothing to true masterpieces. Simple pop tunes will sound dated (ie twist and shout, jump, high, etc) but A Love Sumpreme, London Calling, VU and Nico, Trout Mask Replica, and countless others will pass the test of time with flying colors.
2 - Come up with a better name for a thread than "what is it with (album name)
3 - This is the first time i actually agree with telefunker. The White Album or The Beatles is definatly overrated. I enjoy listening to highly experimental albums such as Twin Infinitives, Free Jazz, Trout Mask Replica, Desertshore, For Alto, and many others but when i can't listen to the whole white album in one go let alone enjoy. That said, it does have some great songs. (Back in the USSR, Revolution 1, and Revolution 9) _________________ "The future is unwritten."
~Joe Strummer
White Album's not my favorite. I like Sgt. Peppers', Abbey Road, Revolver, and Beatles for Sale better. _________________ "I'm so ugly but that's OK cause so are you"
JohnnyRocket: I wonder at what point the penny will drop for you. I didn't start the revolver thread and only started the subsequent two in jest! I feel pretty indifferent about Pepper and this one. I think you agree with me all the time, you just like projecting your super-ego onto me.
Yeah, i've never actually heard a double album that I didn't feel warranted some serious fat trimming. Historically, it would appear only ill-advised self indulgence and cynical commercial exploitation that have allowed the double album to exist as a concept. At least I've yet to hear any evidence to the contrary. And that includes my favourite double, Mellon Collie _________________ no fat chicks
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum