What is it with Funeral by Arcade Fire?

Goto page 1234567  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I mean it's good but is it the 11th best album ever?

Is it better than all of The Smiths albums, than The Stone Roses, than the Velvet Underground, than the Pixies, than Joy Division, than The Prodigy, than Jimi Hendrix, than The Libertines, than Sonic Youth, than The Doors, than Primal Scream, than The Stooges etc etc.

Well, is it?

Discuss.
  • Quote
.
Absolutely no way in Hell โ—
_________________
.
I owe $100,000 and wasted 4 years of my life.

And all I got was this silly hat



.
  • Quote
GARY wrote:
.
Absolutely no way in Hell :!:
  • Quote
.
2 Think that Funeral is ranked higher than all of these incredible albums is beyond words.

But one does come 2 mind......BULLSHIT


Wish You Were here
Rubber Soul
The Wall
Who's Next
The Doors
Are You Experienced
Led Zeppelin II
Rumours
Let It Bleed


Not 2 mention it's ranked higher than ANY METAL ALBUM EVER MADE ๐Ÿคฌ

It would be very easy for me 2 quickly name 50 metal albums that are better. ๐Ÿค

.
_________________
.
I owe $100,000 and wasted 4 years of my life.

And all I got was this silly hat



.
  • Quote
HigherThanTheSun wrote:
I mean it's good but is it the 11th best album ever?

Is it better than all of The Smiths albums, than The Stone Roses, than the Velvet Underground, than the Pixies, than Joy Division, than The Prodigy, than Jimi Hendrix, than The Libertines, than Sonic Youth, than The Doors, than Primal Scream, than The Stooges etc etc.

Well, is it?

Discuss.


I personally think that no, it's not better than the Velvet Underground, than Joy Division, than The Stooges or than Jimi Hendrix. It isn't anywhere near the 11th best album ever.

But of course, that's just my opinion, and there must be many people out there who love it very much, otherwise it wouldn't be where it is now.
  • Quote
GARY wrote:
.
2 Think that Funeral is ranked higher than all of these incredible albums is beyond words.

But one does come 2 mind......BULLSHIT


Wish You Were here
Rubber Soul
The Wall
Who's Next
The Doors
Are You Experienced
Led Zeppelin II
Rumours
Let It Bleed


Not 2 mention it's ranked higher than ANY METAL ALBUM EVER MADE ๐Ÿคฌ

It would be very easy for me 2 quickly name 50 metal albums that are better. ๐Ÿค

.


๐Ÿ‘
  • Quote
gussteivi wrote:
GARY wrote:
.
Absolutely no way in Hell :!:
  • Quote
Oh yeah, no way in Heaven either.

Hey, here's an idea: let's ask Hayden! He has Funeral at #1 on his chart.... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Quote
HigherThanTheSun wrote:
I mean it's good but is it the 11th best album ever?

Is it better than all of The Smiths albums (Yes), than The Stone Roses (Heck yes), than the Velvet Underground (Yes), than the Pixies (Yes), than Joy Division (Definitely), than The Prodigy (It makes it look like Crazy Frog), than Jimi Hendrix, than The Libertines, than Sonic Youth, than The Doors, than Primal Scream, than The Stooges etc etc.

Well, is it?

Discuss.


Yeah. The thing about Funeral is that it simply emits life. Ever note is a reminder of what you're living for. Which is why it's one of the greatest albums ever made. Period. It's up there with DSOTM and itAotS.
  • Quote
I don't think that it's quite the towering achievement that this site lets on. That being said, I do still listen to it a few times a year. I like the way it flows. I think that it belongs in the top 100. Top 20? No way.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 1234567  Next
Page 1 of 7


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Two more Arcade Fire singles released! mikeyskywalker Music
[ Poll ] Closed- 2000s BST play-in: Arcade Fir... cestuneblague Tournaments
The Big Question: Who Is Arcade Fire? videoheadcleaner Music
Arcade Fire is Overrated in this website Santiago Music
Favourite Arcade Fire songs? :D AlexZangari Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.