Hi, I'm New

Goto page 1234  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Hello, I would just like to introduce myself. I am a huge fan of all kinds of music. I love jazz, blues, metal, rock, hardcore punk, hip hop, folk, noise, psych./garage, and much more! I despise emo/ pop punk, ska, nu metal, and some of these bands out today that say they're "indie" but aren't on an indepentant label. That just makes me cringe. Anyway, please take a look at my top 25 list and tell me what you think.
  • Quote
Belated welcome. How can you be a "huge fan of all kinds of music" and "despise emo/ pop punk, ska, nu metal"?
_________________
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by RFNAPLES
Bubbling Under The Top 100 Greatest Music Albums, Part 1 by RFNAPLES
  • Quote
Because "emo/ pop punk, ska, nu metal" could hardly be considered as music ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Quote
There are some great pop punk bands, Weezer, Buzzcocks and Supergrass for example...
  • Quote
You are so right. I was thinking more in terms of happy punk like Sum 41 and Simple Plan.
  • Quote
Don't forget about ska revival music of Madness and The Specials or ska-punk music of No Doubt.
_________________
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by RFNAPLES
Bubbling Under The Top 100 Greatest Music Albums, Part 1 by RFNAPLES
  • Quote
No Doubt is horrible. They don't even compare to The Specials, Madness, and the English Beat.
_________________
"The future is unwritten."
~Joe Strummer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F10tP5HIpaA
  • Quote
They don't compare, the music style is different. But I think No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom is a pretty good album. Likewise I like Madness' Ultimate Collection and The Specials' The Singles Collection. I recommend each of those albums; none appear on my Top 50 but are in my collection.

BTW, No Doubt is ranked number 354 in the overall band rankings with a total rank score of 376 by this site. Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt is ranked number 832 in the overall greatest album chart with a total rank score of 195. Tragic Kingdom appears in 6 greatest album charts.

Compare that with Madness ranked number 762 in the overall band rankings with a total rank score of 121 and The Specials ranked number 263 in the overall band rankings with a total rank score of 582.
_________________
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by RFNAPLES
Bubbling Under The Top 100 Greatest Music Albums, Part 1 by RFNAPLES
  • Quote
Just because is more famous or sold more copies doesn't mean it's better. Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, New Kids on the Block, and Nsync all sold millions upon millions of albums whereas 80's underground bands such as Husker Du, The Feelies, The Replacements, and The Dead Kennedys wouldn't even be seen in the charts. Does this mean Boy Bands are better than Alternative and Hardcore pioneers?
_________________
"The future is unwritten."
~Joe Strummer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F10tP5HIpaA
  • Quote
Well I'd just like to say welcome ๐Ÿ˜„

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 1234  Next
Page 1 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CVC - R1: New York def. Paris [CLOSED] videoheadcleaner Tournaments
Boards of Canada Mystery / New Album ... Guest Music
[ Poll ] My new Band! WEATLauncher Music
[ Poll ] Best rapper of the new generation IanEvadar14 Music
PSA: Meghan Trainor's new Christmas a... spigelwii Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.