New Name for the Site

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I feel that, if we wanna get noticed, we should come up with a less obvious name for the site.

A good example would be the major movie site Rotten Tomatoes. What kind of movie site name is that? But they're very noticed.

I think we should come up with something estranged, just to get more noticed
  • Quote
Communist Dead Babies With Syphilis


I think that would be a good name.
  • Quote
thejoj96 wrote:
Communist Dead Babies With Syphilis


I think that would be a good name.


Are you trying to weird this forum out, too? Or do you just hate me? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
Are you trying to weird this forum out, too? Or do you just hate me? :mrgreen:

Neither
  • Quote
It was only a joke, joj. ๐Ÿ˜‰

But seriously, What about "Top o' the World Albums" since the point of this site is to find the greatest album in the world.
  • Quote
No. The site name remains. I (and I imagine several other users) found this site by typing something similar to the site name in a google search. If it were to change to something retarded like "JMan2thaMAX.com" then no one would find it. I'll grant you that if you type in "best ever movies" into google that Rotten Tomatoes does come up on the first results page, but that's only because that site receives at least an order of magnitude greater traffic than this site.
  • Quote
purple wrote:
No. The site name remains. I (and I imagine several other users) found this site by typing something similar to the site name in a google search. If it were to change to something retarded like "JMan2thaMAX.com" then no one would find it. I'll grant you that if you type in "best ever movies" into google that Rotten Tomatoes does come up on the first results page, but that's only because that site receives at least an order of magnitude greater traffic than this site.


Maybe, but what if someone typed in "greatest albums" or "best albums in the world" or "top albums?" The results would be much different. Besides, when I type in something like "Def Leppard best ever albums" this site doesn't come up that quickly. It's usually lists of all the best def lep albums.
Even if I type an album name then "best ever albums," a bunch of different websites come up.
  • Quote
A name like porn hub would get us a lot of attention,I think.
  • Quote
DLGGLD wrote:
A name like porn hub would get us a lot of attention,I think.


It's a fantastic day when you're taken seriously, you know?
  • Quote
We should rename to Meatspin.com

Cause, ya know, records are kinda like meat? And the spin? Geddit?


๐Ÿ™„
_________________
Doubles & Conch

New topic  Closed Move by Romanelli on 01/27/2013 03:06
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Announcement: BestEverAlbums.com site rules albummaster Music
What is your real name? Can be just f... Mercury Lounge
What name do you use if there's more ... LTSings Suggestions
Name 3 rankings on this site that mak... BLO Music
My New Producer Name Applerill Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.