So, for several years, I've made music under the name Charlie N. George. But our new material (which combines hip-hop production with Captain Beefheart avant-gardeness and Electric Wizard heaviness/slowdown) sounds so radically different than our early material that I'm considering releasing my new album Tales of Slipknot Oceans under a different artist name. In consequence, I was gonna use this name for all my future production.
What name do you think I should use, guys? Here are the ones I considered:
*Jus Shields (based on two of my main influences, Electric Wizard's Jus Oborn and Kevin Shields, but sounds too much like ebonics)
*Pretty Hymn Machine (since it's mechanical, but still trying to sound like analog music. It's a bit long for a producer name, though)
*Plajure (since the music is mostly based on MIDI/WAV samples. But when I looked it up, I found lots of perverted stuff that I don't want to be associated with ๐ )
*Unpossible (just a silly name, but this might actually work :D)
Okay, here are some rules for names:
1. It must represent my sound.
2. It must not be excessively perverted, or my homeschool friends will shun me forever.
And that's it.
Here's a sample of my music.
Any suggestions, guys? Thank you so much!
Last edited by Applerill on 07/06/2012 16:20; edited 1 time in total
So, for several years, I've made music under the name Charlie N. George. But our new material (which combines hip-hop production with Captain Beefheart avant-gardeness and Electric Wizard heaviness/slowdown) sounds so radically different than our early material that I'm considering releasing my new album Tales of Slipknot Oceans under a different artist name. In consequence, I was gonna use this name for all my future production.
What name do you think I should use, guys? Here are the ones I considered:
*Jus Shields (based on two of my main influences, Electric Wizard's Jus Oborn and Kevin Shields, but sounds too much like ebonics)
*Pretty Hymn Machine (since it's mechanical, but still trying to sound like analog music. It's a bit long for a producer name, though)
*Plajure (since the music is mostly based on MIDI/WAV samples. But when I looked it up, I found lots of perverted stuff that I don't want to be associated with ๐ )
*Unpossible (just a silly name, but this might actually work :D)
Okay, here are some rules for names:
1. It must represent my sound.
2. It must not be excessively perverted, or my homeschool friends will shun me forever.
So, for several years, I've made music under the name Charlie N. George. But our new material (which combines hip-hop production with Captain Beefheart avant-gardeness and Electric Wizard heaviness/slowdown) sounds so radically different than our early material that I'm considering releasing my new album Tales of Slipknot Oceans under a different artist name. In consequence, I was gonna use this name for all my future production.
What name do you think I should use, guys? Here are the ones I considered:
*Jus Shields (based on two of my main influences, Electric Wizard's Jus Oborn and Kevin Shields, but sounds too much like ebonics)
*Pretty Hymn Machine (since it's mechanical, but still trying to sound like analog music. It's a bit long for a producer name, though)
*Plajure (since the music is mostly based on MIDI/WAV samples. But when I looked it up, I found lots of perverted stuff that I don't want to be associated with ๐ )
*Unpossible (just a silly name, but this might actually work :D)
Okay, here are some rules for names:
1. It must represent my sound.
2. It must not be excessively perverted, or my homeschool friends will shun me forever.
So, for several years, I've made music under the name Charlie N. George. But our new material (which combines hip-hop production with Captain Beefheart avant-gardeness and Electric Wizard heaviness/slowdown) sounds so radically different than our early material that I'm considering releasing my new album Tales of Slipknot Oceans under a different artist name. In consequence, I was gonna use this name for all my future production.
What name do you think I should use, guys? Here are the ones I considered:
*Jus Shields (based on two of my main influences, Electric Wizard's Jus Oborn and Kevin Shields, but sounds too much like ebonics)
*Pretty Hymn Machine (since it's mechanical, but still trying to sound like analog music. It's a bit long for a producer name, though)
*Plajure (since the music is mostly based on MIDI/WAV samples. But when I looked it up, I found lots of perverted stuff that I don't want to be associated with ๐ )
*Unpossible (just a silly name, but this might actually work :D)
Okay, here are some rules for names:
1. It must represent my sound.
2. It must not be excessively perverted, or my homeschool friends will shun me forever.
Okay, I actually considered that. That would be cool, even though it doesn't describe the music. Actually, in terms of the sparse production, the album Little Earthquakes was a much bigger inspiration on The Book of Abysmality.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum