CLOSED: PPNW - SF: Joy Division def. R.E.M.

Goto page 1234  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Into the Prelims are?
R.E.M.:
40%
 40%  [18]
Joy Division:
60%
 60%  [27]
Total Votes : 45

  • Quote
R.E.M. (Coach: Cyrmo2011)

BEA Rank: 22

seeded (R1)
def. The Undertones (R2)




Vs.

JOY DIVISION (Coach: Defago)

BEA Rank: 28

seeded (R1)
def. The Cramps (R2)




Last edited by videoheadcleaner on 07/14/2013 22:49; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Is R.E.M. PPNW?
_________________
If you're feeling sinister, Go off and Listen to Indie Pop
  • Quote
R.E.M. never had much of an effect on me, whereas JD's two albums are both pretty amazing.
  • Quote
Damn. these matchups have become way tougher. Hate to see REM go down, but Joy Division's two perfect albums beat just about anything.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
How did R.E.M get a vote? BEA malfunctioning?
  • Quote
Polythene Pam wrote:
How did R.E.M get a vote? BEA malfunctioning?


R.E.M. deserves at least a little love. One of the best bands of the 80s. Highly productive and influential. they just drew the wrong card
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
Joy Division but mostly because they were so short-lived they didn't have that many chances to mess up.
  • Quote
I voted R.E.M., even though I prefer Unknown Pleasures to any of their albums. It's just that I could sooner live without Joy Division's discography than R.E.M.'s. I probably prefer four of their first five studio albums to Closer (I'm not a huge fan of Fables of the Reconstruction, though it's still pretty good, but Murmur, Reckoning, Life's Rich Pageant and Document are all awesome), and despite a noticeable dip in consistency they managed to remain sporadically great after that too. Put simply, R.E.M. made more albums and more songs that I love than Joy Division did.
  • Quote
lethalnezzle wrote:
I voted R.E.M., even though I prefer Unknown Pleasures to any of their albums. It's just that I could sooner live without Joy Division's discography than R.E.M.'s. I probably prefer four of their first five studio albums to Closer (I'm not a huge fan of Fables of the Reconstruction, though it's still pretty good, but Murmur, Reckoning, Life's Rich Pageant and Document are all awesome), and despite a noticeable dip in consistency they managed to remain sporadically great after that too. Put simply, R.E.M. made more albums and more songs that I love than Joy Division did.


Totally agree about Fables. I think a lot of people discount just how incredible R.E.M.'s output was in the 80s.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
The REM albums that ive heard have flown right over me to the point where i dont even remember listening to them at all. I think ive always hated them for that. Unknown Pleasures makes me weep and I think id rather listen to Shadowplay exclusively over every song REM has ever done.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 1234  Next
Page 1 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF2: Joy Division def.... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - R2: Joy Division def. ... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - EF: Talking Heads def.... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] [THREAD CLOSED] Joy Division Vs Bob M... Wombi Tournaments
[ Poll ] [THREAD CLOSED] The Kinks Vs Joy Divi... Polythene Pam Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.