CLOSED: PPNW - EF: Talking Heads def. Joy Division

Goto page Previous  1234
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: The Prelim finalist is?
Talking Heads:
55%
 55%  [22]
Joy Division:
45%
 45%  [18]
Total Votes : 40

  • Quote
CellarDoor wrote:
They might as well win the most obvious tourney where they deserve 1st spot...


Or, y'know, lose to a really deserving band like The Fall.
  • Quote
Mod wrote:
I think Joy Division work better as a unit, and during their time have contributed more to music.


I'm trying to figure this out. Joy Division are a great band, as are Talking Heads but to say that JD have contributed more to music needs some evidence.

Sorry, I am writing this while marking year 12 theatre reviews. Needs more depth!

As cult-heroes, yes, JD are up the top. But mention the name Joy Division to many people and play a song of theirs, you would not really get a response from the general public (taking this idea from thinking of some of my students, parents, wife and other friends). But if I mention Talking Heads (wife talks about them in her Rock History unit at school) and play a song of theirs, most people would affiliate with the band.

Also, what mark would each of these bands leave on the history of music? Would they be a dot on the timeline or a larger expanse of time?

Anyway, back to marking.
  • Quote
I love them both but I vote Joy Division. They seem more unique and original (although Talking Heads is certainly both of those things as well).
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
Are we ready to finalize this now?

I'm ready for Talking Heads vs Sonic Youth and

Wire vs New Order

Hell yeah!
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Talking Heads fans are overjoyed at this result.

22-18

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234
Page 4 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF2: Joy Division def.... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF: Joy Division def. ... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - R2: Joy Division def. ... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF2: Talking Heads def... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF: Talking Heads def.... videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.