First, thanks AM for spending time on fixing this. Other post-incident issues feature (a list could help you):
- Difficult (slowness and/or repeted disconnection and/or refusal of password) access to the site ;
- Albums showing the right number of their charts they're in, but also not showing which ones - links between albums and charts are broken
- As Harkan said, searches feature only artists, not albums or users.
- Charts seem (checking in process) to have gone back to a state previous to the one they were in just before the crash.
Anyways, good luck all the work, and thanks again.
Apologies, it's been a nightmare weekend. Trying to juggle this site and everything else is just so difficult, and the problem is that I don't have enough time to do everything to the level that I would like.
Since the restore, I've noticed a few performance issues and I've been making live tweaks to the configuration to improve this, which probably explains the disconnections. I'm going to continue to make tweaks until the performance is back to where it was.
The search should be working again now as I've run some background routines. There might be a gap in the data (between the restore point and when the site was pulled down). I'm not sure how big the hole is at the moment, it might be a few hours, but I will do my best to see if I can plug it but this depends on the data files and whether it is technically recoverable.
Thanks for understanding. I feel a bit embarrassed about the problems. The site is still a bit slower than it should be (especially the forums), but I won't make any more tweaks until tomorrow now.
Thanks for understanding. I feel a bit embarrassed about the problems. The site is still a bit slower than it should be (especially the forums), but I won't make any more tweaks until tomorrow now.
No need to feel embarrassed, these things happen in life, none of us would even be here discussing the music we love and enjoying ourselves if it wasn't for you. For that I'm extremely grateful (And I'm sure many others are too).
Thank you albummaster, for all the great work. ๐ _________________
thanks. The cause of the performance issues earlier today was a corrupt database table, which has now been fixed, so I'm hoping things have now returned to normal (whatever that is!).
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum