This is a thread for bnds that you always forget you want to try, but always ended up forgetting.
The Poilice, The Moody Blues, The Mamas and the Papas, Arctic Monkeys, The Cars, Loretta Lynn, Lou Reed, The Grateful Dead, Sufjan Stevens, Duran Duran, Jackson 5, Sonic Youth, Sigur Ros, REM, Nick Drake
This is a thread for bnds that you always forget you want to try, but always ended up forgetting.
The Poilice, The Moody Blues, The Mamas and the Papas, Arctic Monkeys, The Cars, Loretta Lynn, Lou Reed, The Grateful Dead, Sufjan Stevens, Duran Duran, Jackson 5, Sonic Youth, Sigur Ros, REM, Nick Drake
I disagree wtih Lethalnezzle. Moody Blues, Mamas and Papas, Cars, Loretta Lynn, Sigur Ros, Duran Duran, all awesome. The rest I haven't gotten to the albums yet.
Now, my top 11 bands (as BEA ranked) that I need to get to:
David Bowie
Bruce Springsteen
Metallica
The Flaming Lips
Van Morrison
The Cure
Talking Heads
Modest Mouse
Rush
The National
The Kinks
I've been using my wish list as a what-to-play next queue. Currently there are 300 albums in there, so this may take awhile.
Neil Young
Miles Davis
Van Morrison
Talking Heads
Sonic Youth
Tom Waits
Prince
Iggy Pop
Beck
Tool
Marvin Gaye
Pavement
Fleet Foxes
Yes
Bjork
Joni Mitchell
Frank Zappa
Bon Iver
The Band
Elliott Smith
Belle and Sebastian
...amongst others _________________
David Bowie
Bruce Springsteen
Metallica
The Flaming Lips
Van Morrison
Modest Mouse
Rush
Dude, get to those, like freaking now.
EDIT: Dad gave me a lot of country/folk recs, like Of Monsters and Men, Lindy Ortega, Lindsay Buckingham, Dolly Parton, Marshall Tucker Band, Molly Hatchet, Patsy Cline, Trace Adkins, and more.
Neil Young
Miles Davis
Van Morrison Talking Heads
Sonic Youth
Tom Waits
Prince
Iggy Pop
Beck
Tool
Marvin Gaye
Pavement
Fleet Foxes Yes
Bjork
Joni Mitchell
Frank Zappa
Bon Iver
The Band
Elliott Smith
Belle and Sebastian
...amongst others
Based on your likes I reckon you'd appreciate these the most.
Anyhow, the ones from the BEA best bands that I'm yet to hear an album of, or need to re-listen to:
Queen - I've listened to the Greatest Hits countless times, I really like them. Just not heard a studio album.
Van Morrison - Same case as Queen.
Tom Waits - Based on what I've heard, I despise him. Not heard a full album, so I can't really judge.
Prince - Same case as Tom Waits.
Stevie Wonder - Not heard much of his. Need to listen to more.
Tool - Same case as Tom Waits/Prince.
Kate Bush - Same case as Tom Waits/Prince/Tool.
Television - Only heard Marquee Moon (the song). Must listen to the album.
Yes - I have Close to the Edge on vinyl. Not listened yet.
Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi is practically all I've heard.
Frank Zappa - Not given a chance.
John Coltrane - Not heard anything of his.
Depeche Mode - Weirdly, only heard their new album (which is shit) and bits of Violator.
Beastie Boys - Like them. Not heard a full album.
Elvis Costello - Finding it hard to like him. Need to listen to My Aim is True.
The Band - Only heard a couple of songs of theirs.
Iron Maiden - Need to listen to a whole album.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum