Alright, so this is, so far, one of my definite favorite albums from this year. Phil Beaudreau is the former lead singer of one of my favorite bands, Shaimus. Since they broke up, he went off and did his own thing. This album sounds very different from the stuff he did with Shaimus, much more synthpop-like. Also, Beaudreau plays every single instrument you hear on this album, which I think is kind of cool (with the exception of the rapper that's featured on one track). Anyways, it's a really cool album, I like it a lot, I hope you all do as well.
You can listen to it here. And as a bonus, here is a cover he did of The Beach Boys' "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times", which, while not actually being released on the album, was released at the same time. And it's a nice little cover I think.
If you have trouble listening to it or want a copy just let me know _________________ Progressive Rock
It was quite enjoyable, actually. Pretty straightforward and accessible, but also varied and not very predictable. It was certainly more interesting and consistent than any Shaimus release. Great find!
ALC Rankings:
1. Burn Your Fire for No Witness
2. Shelter
3. The Gloaming
4. Ether
5. Moodeity
6. The Unnatural World
7. You Are No One
8. Ghettoville
9. Cycles of Existential Rhyme
mickilennialThe Most Trusted Name in NewsProfile Detroit
It was certainly more interesting and consistent than any Shaimus release. Great find!
^
This wasn't too bad at all, I enjoyed it, but I felt a little underwhelmed at times. I'll be doing a second listen through headphones rather than speakers later on though.
I haven't forgotten about this. This week just became a bit of a write-off for new listens once the MadGibbs album dropped. Will get to this in the next couple of days.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum