Chart of the day

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
OK, so I have recently been wondering why the charts elected were always by "old" members, and never by more recent ones. After checking the last twenty charts chosen, the bug is pretty evident : literally not a single one of them was created after October 2011, when the feature was implemented. I don't think it's a random result.

Is there a way to fix that? There might be a lot of eligible charts then, is that a problem? Maybe this could be solved by imposing that the chart has to have been updated within last year, or something like that. Just rambling anyway, I have no idea if it even would be an issue. Thanks albummaster!
  • Quote
To add to this, I'm not sure why the number of albums on the chart have to be divisible by ten to be chart of the day, seems pretty arbitrary to me, why is that rule implemented?
  • Quote
drakonium wrote:
OK, so I have recently been wondering why the charts elected were always by "old" members, and never by more recent ones. After checking the last twenty charts chosen, the bug is pretty evident : literally not a single one of them was created after October 2011, when the feature was implemented. I don't think it's a random result.

Is there a way to fix that? There might be a lot of eligible charts then, is that a problem? Maybe this could be solved by imposing that the chart has to have been updated within last year, or something like that. Just rambling anyway, I have no idea if it even would be an issue. Thanks albummaster!

Apologies, I hadn't noticed this was happening. I'll check into and fix this (it's not an intentional thing to pick out older members).

Charts are divisible by ten for cosmetic reasons. It just looks neater. We discussed right at the outset which charts should qualify & this was just one aspect that was picked out.
  • Quote
albummaster wrote:
Apologies, I hadn't noticed this was happening. I'll check into and fix this (it's not an intentional thing to pick out older members).

No problem, thanks AM ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
Today's chart of the day was created in 2012, does that mean you fixed the problem AM?
  • Quote
I hope so... should be an equal chance now that newer charts are picked.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Chart talk Guest Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Ranked Score per Chart or Chart Posit... Sean Suggestions
1st chart v Chart Now Guest Music
Personal year chart links on each yea... paladisiac Suggestions

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.