Albums that you can listen to over and over again

View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
jackup



Gender: Male
Age: 66
Location: Aarberg
Switzerland

  • #1
  • Posted: 05/21/2020 13:39
  • Post subject: Albums that you can listen to over and over again
  • Reply with quote

Schoolboys In Disgrace by The Kinks



Many colleagues don't like schoolboys in Disgrace very much, but for me it is almost my favourite album. It has a lot of quality, and almost no weaknesses. I can listen to it over and over again
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Fischman
RockMonster, JazzMeister and ClassicalMaster


Gender: Male
Location: Rocky Mountain High
United States

  • #2
  • Posted: 05/21/2020 16:19
  • Post subject: Re: Albums that you can listen to over and over again
  • Reply with quote
jackup wrote:

Schoolboys In Disgrace by The Kinks



Many colleagues don't like schoolboys in Disgrace very much, but for me it is almost my favourite album. It has a lot of quality, and almost no weaknesses. I can listen to it over and over again


I also love Schoolboys... fantastic album! I'm not sure I'd but it into the happy to listen to it over and over category, but I definitely find it badly overlooked and underrated.
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
jackup



Gender: Male
Age: 66
Location: Aarberg
Switzerland

  • #3
  • Posted: 05/21/2020 17:18
  • Post subject: Re: Albums that you can listen to over and over again
  • Reply with quote
Fischman wrote:
jackup wrote:

Schoolboys In Disgrace by The Kinks



Many colleagues don't like schoolboys in Disgrace very much, but for me it is almost my favourite album. It has a lot of quality, and almost no weaknesses. I can listen to it over and over again


I also love Schoolboys... fantastic album! I'm not sure I'd but it into the happy to listen to it over and over category, but I definitely find it badly overlooked and underrated.


And what is your album that you like to listen to over and over again?
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Fischman
RockMonster, JazzMeister and ClassicalMaster


Gender: Male
Location: Rocky Mountain High
United States

  • #4
  • Posted: 05/21/2020 18:20
  • Post subject: Re: Albums that you can listen to over and over again
  • Reply with quote
jackup wrote:
Fischman wrote:
jackup wrote:

Schoolboys In Disgrace by The Kinks



Many colleagues don't like schoolboys in Disgrace very much, but for me it is almost my favourite album. It has a lot of quality, and almost no weaknesses. I can listen to it over and over again


I also love Schoolboys... fantastic album! I'm not sure I'd but it into the happy to listen to it over and over category, but I definitely find it badly overlooked and underrated.


And what is your album that you like to listen to over and over again?


Quite a few. Far too many to list actually. Here's a representative sample:

Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
Blackfoot - Strikes
Dream Theater - Images and Words
Kansas - Leftoverture
Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed
Outlaws - Diablo Canyon
Rush - Moving Pictures
Shooting Star - Silent Scream
Pete Townsend - White City
Within Temptation - Unforgiving
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Shipyard



Gender: Male
Age: 57
Location: Den Haag
Netherlands

  • #5
  • Posted: 05/21/2020 20:27
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
A few for me too

The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
The Band - Music From Big Pink
Neil Young - Comes A Time
Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
Rush - Hemispheres
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
Queen - A Night at the Opera
Joe Satriani - Not of this earth
Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
Frank Zappa - Sheik Yerbouti
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
  • Visit poster's website
theblueboy



Gender: Male
Age: 38
United Kingdom

  • #6
  • Posted: 05/23/2020 13:03
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Shipyard wrote:

Frank Zappa - Sheik Yerbouti


Lol. As album titles go- that one is stone cold genius.
_________________
I've got these arms and legs that flip flop, flip flop
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
StefanR10



Gender: Male
Age: 25
Location: Deutschland
Germany

  • #7
  • Posted: 05/23/2020 16:08
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV, Physical Graffiti, Led Zeppelin II
The Beatles - Abbey Road, Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Revolver, Rubber Soul
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Madman Across the Water
Bob Marley- Legend, Exodus
Simon and Garfunkel- Bridge Over Troubled Water
Neutral Milk Hotel- The Aeroplane Over the Sea
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
SuedeSwede
Ognoo


Gender: Female
Age: 22
Location: On a cloud
United Kingdom

  • #8
  • Posted: 05/25/2020 12:00
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
pop 2
_________________
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Johnnyo



Gender: Male
Age: 61
Location: London Town
United Kingdom

  • #9
  • Posted: 05/25/2020 12:36
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Just off the top of my head I'd have to go for;

Sticky Fingers - Rolling Stones
Crime Of The Century - Supertramp
Everybody Anyone - Stone Foundation
Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix
Live @ Rajis - Dream Syndicate
Rainmaker - Michael Chapman
A Love Supreme - John Coltrane
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
jackup



Gender: Male
Age: 66
Location: Aarberg
Switzerland

  • #10
  • Posted: 05/25/2020 15:54
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote

Cosmo's Factory by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Willy And The Poor Boys by Creedence Cl...er Revival

CCR with this band connect me with so many beautiful memories
to my teenage days. That was a damn good band that was
Pure magic
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic
All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 
Back to Top