Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by asimpkins (2015)
I can't wrap my head around selecting and ranking my favorite 100 albums -- the decade lists were hard enough. So I decided to instead focus on favorites that were underrated and overlooked.
- Chart updated: 09/03/2015 23:45
- (Created: 06/18/2012 23:30).
- Chart size: 100 albums.
There are 17 comments for this chart from BestEverAlbums.com members and Top 100 Greatest Music Albums has an average rating of 84 out of 100 (from 25 votes). Please log in or register to leave a comment or assign a rating.
View the complete list of 46,000 charts on BestEverAlbums.com from The Charts page.
Don't agree with this chart? Create your own from the My Charts page!
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums composition
|Manic Street Preachers||6||6%|
|Black Rebel Motorcycle Club||6||6%|
|My Morning Jacket||5||5%|
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums chart changes
| Down 1 from 50th to 51st|
The Hot Rock
| Down 1 from 51st to 52nd|
by Dinosaur Jr.
| Down 1 from 52nd to 53rd|
You'd Prefer An Astronaut
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums similar charts
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 2000s by asimpkins (2013)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1990s by asimpkins (2013)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1980s by asimpkins (2018)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1990s by blackflag29 (2016)
- Top 20 Music Albums of 2002 by asimpkins (2013)
- Top 33 Music Albums of 1999 by asimpkins (2018)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by OurKid77 (2019)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1990s by replacementlevel (2019)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1990s by cmoshier (2019)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1990s by covecove (2019)
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums similarity to your chart(s)
Not a member? Registering is quick, easy and FREE!
- Join a passionate community of over 40,000 music fans.
- Create & share your own charts.
- Have your say in the overall rankings.
- Post comments in the forums and vote on polls.
- Comment on or rate any album, artist, track or chart.
- Discover new music & improve your music collection.
- Customise the overall chart using a variety of different filters & metrics.
- Create a wishlist of albums.
- Help maintain the BEA database.
- Earn member points and gain access to increasing levels of functionality!
- ... And lots more!
Register now - it only takes a moment!
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums ratings
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
Showing latest 5 ratings for this chart. | Show all 25 ratings for this chart.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Chart ratings||Avg. chart rating|
Outliers can be removed when calculating a mean average to dampen the effects of ratings outside the normal distribution. This figure is provided as the trimmed mean. A high standard deviation can be legitimate, but can sometimes indicate 'gaming' is occurring. Consider a simplified example* of an item receiving ratings of 100, 50, & 0. The mean average rating would be 50. However, ratings of 55, 50 & 45 could also result in the same average. The second average might be more trusted because there is more consensus around a particular rating (a lower deviation).
(*In practice, some charts can have several thousand ratings)
This chart has a Bayesian average rating of 84.5/100, a mean average of 82.0/100, and a trimmed mean (excluding outliers) of 84.4/100. The standard deviation for this chart is 14.7.
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums favourites
Showing all 4 members who have added this chart as a favourite
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums comments
Showing latest 10 comments | Show all 17 comments |
Most Helpful First | Newest First | Maximum Rated First | Longest Comments First
(Only showing comments with -2 votes or higher. You can alter this threshold from your profile page. Manage Profile)
Did Lou really release that many albums?
BRMC nice. Like all the Lou Reed choices as well
Interesting idea for a chart, maybe something I will do with a custom chart once I get my decade and year charts more under control. I appreciate the rankings of Wildflowers and From a Basement on the Hill.
Really unique chart. Superchunk and Circa Survive are definitely underrated on the site, so it's nice to see them represented here.
I like the idea, I suppose, but it's more fitting for a custom chart than an overall, and as it stands it's a bit of a strange execution - yes, these specific releases aren't neccessarily that well praised, but there's really not an obscure band on here, like at all. I guess some people might not know Kevin Devine but after his Devinyl series he's much better known. Hell, you've got several albums on here with hundreds of ratings that appear in more than 100 charts. So sure, I guess they're not in the top 1500 on the site ... oh wait, more than 10% is ... I guess I'm just confused by the concept as a whole here.
As an 100 best underated albums chart its very good. Glad to see you give BRMC and Supergrass representative but sadly 100 is hardly enough positions.
Have to buy some more Lou Reed albums
Your feedback for Top 100 Greatest Music Albums
A lot of hard work happens in the background to keep BEA running, and it's especially difficult to do this when we can't pay our hosting fees :(
We work very hard to ensure our site is as fast (and FREE!) as possible, and we respect your privacy.