A Guessing Game.

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Polythene Pam wrote:
Why do we use a decent critic site instead like, ahh... um. hmmm


You know I can't think of one :-k


That's because, apart from Fast 'n' bulbous maybe, there isn't one.

And Scaruffi has good taste mostly, but can't write a good review. Plus, he seems to have a bias against pop music in general, and if a band is overrated to him, he will not give up any chance to tell you this. It's really annoying to see The Beatles' name in virtually a quarter of the pages on his website. Used in a negative sense, no less. I mean, I'm not even the Beatles' biggest fan, but still it annoys me.
  • Quote
Jackwc wrote:
No way, Pet Sounds only got a 9.4.


That's just one editor that wanted to be hip. It certainly doesn't represent the site as a whole.
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Just reading about that 'plea' purple made. So, I though about what would be fun as a new topic.

Pitchfork has made lists for individual years, decades, etc..But they've never made one for overall.

So, how about we fill this categories in, with what we think Pitchfork would do.

Best Album of The 60's
Best Song of the 70's
Best Song of the 80's
Best Album Ever
Best Song Ever


๐Ÿ˜

I would assume/ guess

60's Album - Velvet Underground & Nico
70's song - Stairway To Heaven (this one was a bit tricky...not sure)
80's song - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Best album - Daydream Nation
Best song - Gold Soundz

You? ๐Ÿ˜œ

(yes, I know, 'who cares?' and stuff, but this could be fun)


I really doubt that they'd pick Stairway... it's just too typical. I think "Heroes" is a much more likely choice. Hopefully they'll make some of these charts in the future, Pitchfork's lists are always great fun.
  • Quote
Eggman/Walrus/Taxman wrote:
That's because, apart from Fast 'n' bulbous maybe, there isn't one.



never thought i'd "meet" another who was a fan of that site. i use it for reference as he has some extreme taste in music. i often try out a couple albums he lists in years' "best of"s. however, his increasing metal fixation has become a little off-putting for me.
_________________
fav artists NOW | ALL-TIME favs | i listen 2 more music than u so u don't have 2!
  • Quote
paladisiac wrote:
never thought i'd "meet" another who was a fan of that site. i use it for reference as he has some extreme taste in music. i often try out a couple albums he lists in years' "best of"s. however, his increasing metal fixation has become a little off-putting for me.


I've looked at his Best Albums (after 1965 or whatever it was) list and it was absolutely genius.
  • Quote
Fast 'n' Bulbous is always a good read. I still don't forgive him for missing Supreme Clientele off of his Top 13 Hip-Hop albums of the 2000's though. Heresy.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Who Will Split? - A sort of game Guest Music
Game Pollution RFNAPLES Tournaments
[ Poll ] BEA The Video Game Development Discus... shoopadoowop Tournaments
HEROES III BEST STRATEGY GAME EVER AP... gussteivi Lounge
The Perfect Song for the Moment Game Spyglass Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.