Great Artists Lacking Great Albums

Goto page Previous  123456789
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Anything twee, really. It's difficult to make something with so few notes and parts, all packaged into a conventional time signature, interesting.
Just look at all those Beat Happening songs where it's literally essentially just Calvin Johnson talking to a beat with occasional vocal-ish intonations to his voice.
Manages to be experimental AND simple.
  • Quote
Jhereko wrote:
Okay, I get you now. Though I still don't think Complexity > Simplicity as a rule. As Tchaikovsky's work would attest.


OH of course not as a universal rule.... I'm not allowed to say that, I listen to punk and other primitive stuff far too much to be able to ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Quote
Jhereko wrote:
Though I still don't think Complexity > Simplicity as a rule. As Tchaikovsky's work would attest.


Wait, are you saying that Tchaikovsky's music isn't complex, or that you prefer his music as simple as possible?

Because either way it belongs in the controversial music opinions thread.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123456789
Page 9 of 9


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Artists With Great Albums in 3 or Mor... Tha1ChiefRocka Music
Bad albums by otherwise great artists Guest Music
Bands/artists with great song titles DarkSideOfTheComputer Music
Great artists with lame influences RoundTheBend Music
Great artists you share your birthday... Facetious Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.