I think you're correct! It always surprises me how accepted The Velvet Underground are among publications like Rolling Stone. Right there next to Led Zeppelin and the Beatles.
Rolling Stone lists tend to be dominated by 50's-70's artists, although if I remember correctly, I think they forgot Pink Floyd in the first top 100 artists list they published... _________________
Rolling Stone lists tend to be dominated by 50's-70's artists, although if I remember correctly, I think they forgot Pink Floyd in the first top 100 artists list they published...
Well, yeah...But unlike Beatles, Zeppelin, Floyd, et al The Velvet Underground were, once upon a time, quite the cult band with very little recognition. Admittedly you have to go back a while, but this was once the case. It's always interesting to see them mentioned around the above acts considering how different their history is compared to the other canon stuff. Always made me wonder what they did "right" to achieve this. It's probably that they were named-dropped by enough respected artists later, I reckon
Well, yeah...But unlike Beatles, Zeppelin, Floyd, et al The Velvet Underground were, once upon a time, quite the cult band with very little recognition. Admittedly you have to go back a while, but this was once the case. It's always interesting to see them mentioned around the above acts considering how different their history is compared to the other canon stuff. Always made me wonder what they did "right" to achieve this. It's probably that they were named-dropped by enough respected artists later, I reckon
Very good point. ๐ค
I'll have to read more into this. _________________
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum