What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 361136123613 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
  • Quote
I've just listened for the first time to


LSD And The Search For God by LSD And The Search For God

I think I've found it through Hayden's EPs chart. I loved it, the guitar sounds were really fantastic.
  • Quote

The Complete Blind Willie Johnson by Blind Willie Johnson
  • Quote

Yarn & Glue by Joanna Newsom
  • Quote
Cymro2011 wrote:

Transformer by Lou Reed

Just read this a few seconds ago.

"His music will either hit you or not, but one thing ought to matter to anybody who thinks music or art is worth pursuing for its own sake: Lou Reed, he did not give a fuck. Did not give a single fuck. I think of myself as not giving a fuck most of the time, but once in a while I wish to christ I could give not a fuck as thoroughly as Lou Reed." - Steve Albini

:lol:


That's a beautiful quote.

Anyway I'm listening to


My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts by Brian Eno & David Byrne

Damn! This album sounds so fresh! It's actually boggling my mind it was released over 30 years ago! Whoa! To say its ahead of its time is an obvious understatement.

The music is amazing and just rhythmically and atmospherically rich and the sampled vocal snippets are so great! Very impressive record.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Depeche Mode's "Violator"
  • Quote

Blood On The Tracks by Bob Dylan

1 December 2013

"Blood On The Tracks". It's an album almost synonymous with maturity and the absolute expression of all the nuances of love and loss. It's an album that I notice I love more and more as my life ticks along. When I first heard it at the age of 12 I didn't get it. I didn't see what was so great about it. And even now to this day, I feel their is a more relatable feeling I get from his 60s music. I am 24 years old as I write this. Dylan was 21 and 24 when he made my other 2 favorite albums of his. Is that all it comes down to? Perhaps.

As for this album, well it's a legendary piece of art. It transcends my amateur description. There are just so many themes and details and emotions that are expressed here. The album is a roller coaster, it takes you through all the highs of love found and all the lows of regret. And in the end you leave this record wiser than when you entered.

To name the highlights is basically to name off every track. It's literally that great. The songs that just absolutely gut me every time I hear them are "Simple Twist of Fate" (perhaps one of the most sobering songs ever), "You're A Big Girl Now", "Meet Me In The Morning" (so simple and beautiful and the fucking steel guitar and slide guitar at the end is pure aesthetic perfection), "Shelter From The Storm", and the closer "Buckets of Rain".

Oh and about this closer...it's perfect. I use that word "perfect" too much, I know. But this song AS A CLOSER is perfection. It's like a little nugget of almost simpleton-level wisdom that floats in and soothes us after the emotional journey of the rest of the album that just ended. It's so damn simple and playful and REAL.

This album feels so absolutely relaxed and natural. It's a grand example of the plain expression of very exact and thought-out art. It's an album that opens up more and more not only with each listen but also with each passing year of living. It's an album that is always there to help get me through.

Thanks, Bob.

Grade 100/100
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!


Last edited by Mercury on 12/02/2013 00:30; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote

F#A# by Godspeed You! Black Emperor
_________________
  • Quote

Scriabin Recital by Vladimir Sofronitsky
  • Quote

Xango Dzakuta by JB De Carvalho

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 361136123613 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 3612 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What Song Are You Listening To Right ... 40footwolf Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.