What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 386438653866 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

James Vincent McMorrow - Post Tropical (2014)

Not entirely sure why I chose this to be the first 2014 album I listen to. Sounds alright so far, very James Blake-esque.

EDIT: Ignore that James Blake comment. They share a similar falsetto, but this seems far more predictable. Still pretty nice.


Last edited by Guest on 01/06/2014 19:06; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote

Blood Bank by Bon Iver
  • Quote
I just heard Eye II Eye by Scorpions, one of their lowest rated albums. Really, part of the reason this album got low ratings was because not only was most of the music only decent, the Scorpions felt (based on their previous two albums and their low critical performances) that their metal days ended and it was time to keep up with the younger generation by mixing elements of pop, electronic, and alternative into their music, not to an extreme but enough to differentiate. What the Scorpions had failed to realize was that they still had a llarge fanbase and will by a Scorps album if it's metal. Anything different would be a major disappointment to a Scorpions fan who's used to metal. Thankfully, I was prepared for this different style and enjoyed it a little more than I should have. There were some great tracks, but a lot of mediocre ones. In the end, the album was given a 73 and will be higher on my chart than Lonesome Crow.

Next on the playthrough will be "Unbreakable." I have three left until I'm done, which will be when I get to a Bowie album. Either "Heroes," or "Aladdin Sane."
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
I just heard Eye II Eye by Scorpions, one of their lowest rated albums. Really, part of the reason this album got low ratings was because not only was most of the music only decent, the Scorpions felt (based on their previous two albums and their low critical performances) that their metal days ended and it was time to keep up with the younger generation by mixing elements of pop, electronic, and alternative into their music, not to an extreme but enough to differentiate. What the Scorpions had failed to realize was that they still had a llarge fanbase and will by a Scorps album if it's metal. Anything different would be a major disappointment to a Scorpions fan who's used to metal. Thankfully, I was prepared for this different style and enjoyed it a little more than I should have. There were some great tracks, but a lot of mediocre ones. In the end, the album was given a 73 and will be higher on my chart than Lonesome Crow.

Cool story bro.
  • Quote
Cymro2011 wrote:


Thoughts?
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote

How To Stop Your Brain In An Accident by Future Of The Left
  • Quote

The Suburbs by Arcade Fire

My Overall:74

I would not luke to live in the suburbs
This album shows the catastrophical way to living in the suburbsp
I was expecting more from Arcade Fire but when i listened The Suburbs (Continued) the album got special, It feels like you awake from a dream only to start the same thing over again, fitting perfectly with the idea of the monotonous suburbs In the real life

Best Songs:
The Suburbs
Ready To Start
Month Of May
Rococo
The Suburbs (Continued)

Total:9.22
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty


Last edited by Antonio-Pedro on 01/06/2014 19:28; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Antonio-Pedro wrote:

The Suburbs by Arcade Fire

My Overall:74

I would not luke to live in the suburbs
This album shows the catastrophical way to living in the suburbs
I was expecting more from Arcade Fire but when i listened The Suburbs (Continued) the album got special, This last song returns to the first but you feel like you woke up from a dream (The Rest Of The Album) But you will revive it again in the real life

Best Songs:
The Suburbs
Ready To Start
Month Of May
Rococo
The Suburbs (Continued)

Total:9.22


Great review!

I'm listening to


True Believers by Darius Rucker
  • Quote

The Wall by Pink Floyd


My Charts

Overall #71
70's #18
1979 #1
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
Antonio-Pedro wrote:
9.22 [/size]


How do you calculate your total?

Romanelli wrote:

The Wall by Pink Floyd


My Charts

Overall #71
70's #18
1979 #1


I love the story.


Last edited by JMan on 01/06/2014 19:31; edited 1 time in total

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 386438653866 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 3865 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What Song Are You Listening To Right ... 40footwolf Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.