On the topic musical overwhelm and other things...

Goto page Previous  123
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Amen, Saoirse.

Yeah, it's true. It's all relative and it really is very easy to turn something basically just aesthetic such as art into something much less.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
The amount of existential angst and bro-love here is through the roof! I've realized that I'll never listen to most albums, even some by bands that I like. Right now my goal is to listen and get comfortable with a good breadth of the ~1000 albums that people consider most critical. At the same time, if I like something, I'll swim deeper. The best feeling is becoming an expert in a song/album/artist/genre, the music has so much more meaning then.
_________________


My Charts at http://www.besteveralbums.com/usercharts.php?u=27982

My Radio Show at http://www.facebook.com/tender.wmbr
  • Quote
I have a rule that if I like an album the first time around I will listen to it at least ten times before moving on. It makes me appreciate and become close to so many albums. But it does take a lot of time. I constantly have a list of music I need to listen to and I just don't know how some people on this site listen to so much! It's crazy and I am so jealous aha. I often get the feeling that I want to hear everything but sadly I can't and it bothers me so.
  • Quote
Ahh it's so much opportunity. I'm in a similar boat as you Mercury. I know (or at least I think I know) a fair bit about music. But there's also so much I don't know. I've always said that one of the biggest signs that someone is good at what they do is their ability to acknowledge how much they don't know and their desire to discover it. The people who sit there and act like they have nothing to learn typically know nothing.

I see all of the music I have to listen to as so much opportunity. There's so much good music out there, that next album that's gonna blow me away, it's out there, waiting for me to listen to it, I just have to find it. I love it. It can be overwhelming if you really think about it, about how much music is really out there, but you take it an album at a time and then, before you know it, you'll have listened to a ton of stuff.


Also, Mercury, you da best. You're my TMOE buddy. We can worship at the altar of Kristian Matsson together.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123
Page 3 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
This article pisses me off, so I thou... Hayden Music
In topic searching Guest Suggestions
New topic: live albums dihansse Suggestions
Search This Topic / Search This Forum Romanelli Suggestions
Topic L Lawliet Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.