The History Of Your #1

Goto page Previous  12345  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
purple wrote:

As I approach junior year at uni, I'm still riding the avalanche.


For those who aren't familiar with the university culture, this here is where purple is struggling with his cocaine addiction.
_________________
  • Quote
My favourite album in my chart has always been DSOTM. I thought about switching it for OK Computer a few times but then every time I hear DS again I remember why it's there.

Will take something very very very special to move it now

I guess that's why I never get tired of searching and listening to music. Constantly on a mission to find that superior album that will oust it!
  • Quote
The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway by Genesis has been my #1 since around 1995. Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness by The Smashing Pumpkins has been my #2 since the year after it came out. OK Computer by Radiohead has been my #3 since 1997/1998.

Before i bought The Lamb, i'm guessing But Seriously by Phil Collins was my favorite and my first fav was probably Purple Rain by Prince & The Revolution.
_________________
fav artists NOW | ALL-TIME favs | i listen 2 more music than u so u don't have 2!
  • Quote
Before 2011, my #1 was Pink Moon. It is now at #2 because in 2011 The Smile Sessions were released.
  • Quote
If we're talking about lifetime instead of just time on BEA, that would be quite interesting. This is pretty much a run down of how it's been for me, skipping a few

I think it all started for me with this one


Rubber Soul by The Beatles

then maybe


The Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd

followed by


Pork Soda by Primus


Mr. Bungle by Mr. Bungle

me and other middle school kid alive:


Dookie by Green Day

then


Punk In Drublic by NoFX

which led to


London Calling by The Clash

high school:


Doolittle by Pixies


OK Computer by Radiohead


The Moon & Antarctica by Modest Mouse

college:


Kid A by Radiohead

then it becomes quite a bit unclear.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
Gorilaz 'Demon Days' was my favorite album before Manic Street Preachers. Afterwards my favorite album has only ever been a Manic Street Preachers album.
  • Quote
This is a great idea for a thread, wonder why I didn't notice it when it first came out.

Anyways, here's the before BEA list:

Computer World - Kraftwerk
Move Along - The All-American Rejects
The Fame Monster EP - Lady Gaga
Revolver - The Beatles

**BEA**

Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys
OK Computer - Radiohead (twice, for like two days each time)
The Milk-Eyed Mender (it's been in and out of #1 pretty regularly)
Low - David Bowie
Loud City Song - Julia Holter
The Idler Wheel... - Fiona Apple

And that's where I am now!
_________________
My top songs of the 2010s
and
Spotify link

Last.fm
  • Quote
It was this


London Calling by The Clash
For first months here and years and years prior

Then


The Wild Hunt by The Tallest Man On Earth
For a year or so. And it really is honestly number 1 in my heart.

Then

Ambient 1 Music For Airports by Brian Eno
For a a couple weeks

Then


Hounds Of Love by Kate Bush
For an even shorter stint.

And then I was thinking if going back to The Wild Hunt when on a whim I chronologically ordered my chart so now it's...


Complete Recorded Works In Chronological Order 1928 1932 by Tommy Johnson
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote

White Light/White Heat by The Velvet Underground

It was this for ages. Now it's...


When My Blue Moon Turns Red Again by Bassholes
  • Quote
On BEA, I went from having a predictable number 1:

OK Computer by Radiohead

To a slightly more ambitious album:

Illinois by Sufjan Stevens

To this album which has been my number 1 since April 2013:

If You're Feeling Sinister by Belle & Sebastian

I did have this for a week at the top until I changed back to Sinister:

You Forgot It In People by Broken Social Scene
_________________

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12345  Next
Page 4 of 5


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Best Ensemble Acting Performances in ... AfterHours Movies & TV
Sign up to contribute to the history ... sp4cetiger Music
Black History Month Listening Project... baystateoftheart Music
Chart History Function not working Mr. Shankly Suggestions
History of the Communist Party of Gre... Skinny Music Diaries

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.