What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 454745484549 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
One of the only crescendocore albums I repeatedly give a try


should i interpret this as you not liking it? Godspeed and the Swans records to which that label apply consistently get the "listen with unbiased ears" treatment to no avail ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Quote
satiemaniac wrote:
should i interpret this as you not liking it? Godspeed and the Swans records to which that label apply consistently get the "listen with unbiased ears" treatment to no avail :?


From Godspeed, I enjoy the more meandering F#A#, and enjoy Slow Riot for Zero Kanada; I'm neutral toward Yanqui; I abhor Lift Yr Skinny Fists; as of now I'm almost neutral to Allelujah!. As far as Swans, I enjoy Soundtracks for the Blind, Filth/Cop, Children of God, White Light from the Mouth of Infinity, and The Annihilator enough; I abhor the Seer. When I say crescendocore, I'm personally referencing Lift Yr Skinny Fists and bands like Explosions and the Sky and This Will Destroy You which appear to use it as a crutch. I'd say I enjoy Swans and Godspeed overall, but I'm definitely not a fanboy.
  • Quote
  • Quote
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
From Godspeed, I enjoy the more meandering F#A#, and enjoy Slow Riot for Zero Kanada; I'm neutral toward Yanqui; I abhor Lift Yr Skinny Fists; as of now I'm almost neutral to Allelujah!. As far as Swans, I enjoy Soundtracks for the Blind, Filth/Cop, Children of God, White Light from the Mouth of Infinity, and The Annihilator enough; I abhor the Seer. When I say crescendocore, I'm personally referencing Lift Yr Skinny Fists and bands like Explosions and the Sky and This Will Destroy You which appear to use it as a crutch. I'd say I enjoy Swans and Godspeed overall, but I'm definitely not a fanboy.


yeah my reference points for Godspeed crescendocore are similar to yours, and by Swans crescendocore i really only meant The Seer, which i detested. i dislike neither band myself, though the only thing I really spin regularly between the two of them is Swans' Young God EP
  • Quote
the genius of TOM WAITS


Closing Time by Tom Waits[/img]
  • Quote

Sticky Fingers by The Rolling Stones

A huge favorite, though it's not currently on my overall...
  • Quote

Reconstruction Site by The Weakerthans

This is really nice, reminds me a lot of Mountain Goats with more punky vibes and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah thrown in. I guess I should thank Jack for first exposing this to me but I'm listening to it on recommendation from someone else.
  • Quote

Photographs by Graham Lambkin & Jason Lescalleet

absolutely the best way to have ended the trilogy and one of the greatest albums not just of this decade but of all time
  • Quote
Gonna listen to Burial's last four EPs before bed...
  • Quote
The same thing I listen to every night as I lay down to bed


Ambient 1 Music For Airports by Brian Eno
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 454745484549 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 4548 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What note are you listening to right ... GARY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.