BEA ULL #9: AlternativeBase

Goto page Previous  1234567  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Yeah, and do you see that there is a hole right in the middle of that tree? That must have hurt.

Honestly, I find Jack Johnson to be one of the few artists I have a negative physical reaction to. Like I start feeling kind of ill and I'll at ease and like I have to leave the room. That mostly has to do with the fact that all of my friends at work when I was 18 and 19 loved him and listened to his music constantly. I was battered by the sound of JJ's "laid back" and "mild, nonchalant and soothing" music and voice for like 10 hours a week at work. It drove me nuts. And everyone in the office thought he was really great and lovely and deep. They all had boners for the fucking bore and I had no idea why.

Anyway, the music itself and as itself is nothing too offensive. His voice in small doses is nothing too offensive. But in large quantities it has been known to kill people's vitality and interest in life.

Sorry for the rant.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Jack Johnson is quite close to The Tallest Man on Earth in sound. You probably ate something bad whilst you were hearing Johnson one of the times. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Quote
Jack Johnson's not someone I'd want to binge on, by any means, but I like him in little doses (outside of the whole Curious George soundtrack, really). He's done some good stuff, and he's great live. Apparently he's playing the Monterey Bay Aquarium and giving a speech with a family friend of ours' there but I'm out of town that day ... UGH.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
I do love The Marble Index. ๐Ÿ˜œ You should listen to Desertshore, that is my favourite of hers, it is on my chart and has been for a long time. ๐Ÿ˜„


Happy birthday, by the way. ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
AlternativeBase wrote:
Thursday, May 15th, 2014

9:31 AM


In Between Dreams by Jack Johnson

I listened to about half of this last night before kissing the night farewell, and didn't plan on finishing it until later today, but my School's internet is being spotty so The Times They Are A-Changin' will have to wait.

I'm loving the feeling of this album, it's so laid-back, it's so witty, it's so comforting!



Try this:


Sunrise Over Sea by John Butler Trio
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
BrandonMiaow wrote:
I do love The Marble Index. ๐Ÿ˜œ You should listen to Desertshore, that is my favourite of hers, it is on my chart and has been for a long time. ๐Ÿ˜„


Happy birthday, by the way. :)


I plan on it, and thank you! ๐Ÿ˜

Romanelli wrote:
Try this:


Sunrise Over Sea by John Butler Trio


Will do! Thank you Romanelli!
  • Quote
Thursday, May 15th, 2014

11:00 AM


Tri Repetae by Autechre

To CubaZed, SuedeSwede, and Goodsir, this album was decent. Not much more, background music for my IDM desire. I'd rather listen Aphex Twin, Boards Of Canada, or really any artist in that vein. It was extremely monotonous, but good. I'll check out other releases.
  • Quote
Thursday, May 15th, 2014

1:20 PM


Ocean Death by Baths

Baths! I love Cerulean, but not Obsidian. His last record was good, but towards the end, the style felt tired. This EP fixes all of that. Perhaps that is due to the 20 minute duration, or the acoustic guitar, but this effort is wonderful, just below Cerulean on my list. The title goes well with the EP too, for that when I'm listening to this, I feel like I'm at the bottom of an ocean.


Last edited by Precedent on 05/16/2014 13:29; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Thursday, May 15th, 2014

3:00 PM


Crack The Skye by Mastodon

Hello! This album surprised me, arguably the most out of everything that I've listened to this week. This album isn't too heavy, it's not too frightening, and it's not too lengthy. This reminds me of the first time that I ever listened to The Decemberists' The Crane Wife with it's lengthier, eye-opening tracks. I really get a desert vibe from listening to this, akin to Queens Of The Stone Age's Songs For The Deaf. In brief, I loved this album and it's now on my chart!


Last edited by Precedent on 05/16/2014 13:27; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Thursday, May 15th, 2014

4:55 PM


You're A Woman, I'm A Machine by Death From Above 1979

I'm on a journey to finish BEA's Top 1000, and this is one of the albums that I was looking forward to the most as I remembered that Swedenman said something about having a shirt of the album art of this album.

This album is noisy, perhaps too noisy at times, but it's fun! The short track lengths work extremely well with the loud instrumentation that's paired with Dopethrone-esque vocals. I liked it as a whole.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234567  Next
Page 6 of 7


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The BEA Games Hall Of Fame Guest Tournaments
BEA ULL Mecca Lecca meccalecca Music
BEA ULL - noWaxJim Jimmy Dread Music
[ Poll ] BEA ULL: 19loveless91 19loveless91 Music
BEA ULL #3: sp4cetiger sp4cetiger Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.