Recommendations Thread

Goto page Previous  123 ... 252627 ... 101102103  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
TracyJacks wrote:
Could anyone recommend me some good baroque pop records? I like albums which are melodic and have great arrangements. I search similar albums to Forever Changes or Vampire Weekend's debut.
:)



Cardinal by Cardinal

A baroque pop masterpiece.
  • Quote
newbands1 wrote:
Am looking for Sunshine/baroque/Psychedelic pop albums


Among the many other fantastic suggestion, you'd probably really love:


The Coast Is Never Clear by Beulah


A Church That Fits Our Needs by Lost In The Trees


Horizontal by Bee Gees
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
I need a SONG that fits well with this image:

http://imgur.com/TAniT0M
  • Quote
TracyJacks wrote:
Could anyone recommend me some good baroque pop records? I like albums which are melodic and have great arrangements. I search similar albums to Forever Changes or Vampire Weekend's debut.
:)

Ah...and definitely this:


It's A Long Way Down by The Fallen Angels

It's the closest it gets to Forever Changes without the lush strings and horns... One of those long forgotten late 60's gems...


Link


Link

_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote
Mies wrote:
I need a SONG that fits well with this image:

http://imgur.com/TAniT0M



Link
  • Quote
Thank you everyone for the recommendations! I already listened to One Nation Underground by Pearls Before Swine and Cardinal's self-titled debut, both were great! I'm planning to listen to all the other albums, too. ๐Ÿ˜„

I also think it is hard to define a whole album as 'baroque' but there are parts of albums or individual songs which has its character. I agree with noWaxJim that when I think of 'baroque pop' I first think of 60s soft psych pop-rock with classical intruments like violin, horns and harpsichord or with a whole orchestra.
As I was listening to Vampire Weekend's debut I liked the baroque-esque parts of some songs and the fusion with other elements from different genres. I was curious about other similar albums from the 1990s to today's music.
  • Quote
Mies wrote:
I need a SONG that fits well with this image:

http://imgur.com/TAniT0M

Lovely picture! ๐Ÿ‘


Return To Forever by Chick Corea & Return to Forever

Edit: Oopps...you asked for a song...Here is a track called Crystal Silence from the album above that could possibly match the picture...BTW, this makes a perfect game! ๐Ÿคฃ


Link

_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"


Last edited by NickVolos on 05/26/2014 19:10; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Okay, really obsessed with I guess you'd call it Emotional Hardcore with Screamo, or emotional post-hardcore stuff right now. Really anything that's blistering, excellent, intense and emotional post hardcore or Emo or good Emo-influenced indie punk. It's hard to explain. But it's best explained by saying the albums I've been most loving on recently have been At The Drive In and Quicksand's album "Slip".



Also these have been in consistent rotation lately: Rites Of Spring, Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come, Fugazi - In On The Kill Taker, Thursday - Full Collapse, Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary, Poison The Well - The Opposite Of December , Glassjaw - Worship And Tribute, and Boysetfire - After The Eulogy

And I want more more more screamo type stuff like that. Based off that set are there some other albums that are just totally essential listening that you think I will love? Hit me up with a few, please don't overwhelm me with more than say 6, cuz I plan on listening to them soon. Just give me the absolute gemmest gems in your opinion. Thanks!
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
Just give me the absolute gemmest gems in your opinion.

An "absolute gemmest gem"... ๐Ÿ˜„


Leaves Turn Inside You by Unwound
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
Just give me the absolute gemmest gems in your opinion. Thanks!



Kill The Lights by Lowercase

I just discovered this recently and it's dope as fuck. I second Nick's rec too.
_________________
"Drink beer, smoke pot, and create something that will storm heaven. That's all I ever really cared about." - Ron House

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 252627 ... 101102103  Next
Page 26 of 103


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
New Recommendations Thread RockyRaccoon Music
Recommendations Thread 2.0 KitchenSink Music
Funk album recommendations? Revolution909 Music
Most unfamiliar with 87, 88 and 89. R... ExTeaSea Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.