Double Albums: Trim the Fat

Goto page Previous  1234
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
26 Love Songs

Absolutely Cuckoo
I Don't Believe in the Sun
I Don't Want to Get Over You
Come Back from San Francisco
The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side
I Think I Need a New Heart
The Book of Love
Parades Go By
Boa Constrictor
A Pretty Girl Is Like...
Nothing Matters When We're Dancing
Sweet-Lovin' Man
The Things We Did and Didn't Do
Very Funny
You're My Only Home (You people forget how important this song is)
(Crazy for You But) Not That Crazy
Washington, D.C.
Papa Was a Rodeo
Epitaph for My Heart
Asleep and Dreaming
The Sun Goes Down and the World Goes Dancing
Underwear
Busby Berkeley Dreams
Acoustic Guitar
Yeah! Oh, Yeah!
The Night You Can't Remember (And this song too)

Soundtrack For The Blind

Helpless Child
Animus
Red Velvet Wound
The Sound
The Final Sacrifice (This way it's like a light GY!BE album with a weird transition and guest vocals from Gira)

Mellon Collie and the 3 Minute Sadness

Take Me Down

Then after that I can live without hearing Corgan's voice.

Mr. Bungle: Technically This Was Never A Double Album Single Album Mix

"Travolta" โ€“ 6:18
"Carousel" โ€“ 5:13 (Unedited song time)
"Egg" โ€“ 7:32
"Stubb (A Dub)" โ€“ 6:30
"My Ass Is on Fire" โ€“ 6:50
"Dead Goon" โ€“ 10:02 (Unedited song time)

I'm going for a creepy carnival vibe throughout, I actually like most of the songs I removed.
  • Quote
an_outlaw wrote:
Okay. ๐Ÿ˜œ

The Wall

1. Comfortably Numb
2. Bring The Boys Back Home
3. Another Brick in the Wall (Parts 1,2 and 3)
4. Young Lust
5. Waiting For The Worms
6. The Thin Ice
7. Run Like Hell
8. Mother
9. Hey You
10. Is There Anybody Out There?
11. Nobody Home


I'm sorry, but I simply can't abide by this. The Wall's greatest strength is how well the story builds on itself, giving you a cohesive view of Pink's life and the circumstances that turn him into what he becomes.

It's structured so well that if you remove even one song you miss something important. Doing this to it you're left with nothing but a random collection of mediocre Pink Floyd songs.

/rant
  • Quote
Pink Floyd - The Wall

1. Comfortably Numb
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
Pink Floyd - The Wall

1. Comfortably Numb


๐Ÿคฃ
_________________
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John

1. Candle in the Wind
2. Bennie and the Jets
3. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
4. Grey Seal
5. Your Sister Can't Twist (But She Can Rock 'N Roll)
6. Saturday Night
7. Harmony
8. Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding

That should be about 37 minutes.


...did you seriously just cut Funeral For A Friend in favour of just straight-up opening with Candle In The Wind? Wtf? And no All The Girls Love Alice? Your version of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road sucks ass.
_________________
A dick that's bigger than the sun.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Quote
Jackwc wrote:
...did you seriously just cut Funeral For A Friend in favour of just straight-up opening with Candle In The Wind? Wtf? And no All The Girls Love Alice? Your version of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road sucks ass.


Well, not just, he did that four months ago. I don't think he's gonna be around to explain himself on that.
  • Quote
Jackwc wrote:
...did you seriously just cut Funeral For A Friend in favour of just straight-up opening with Candle In The Wind? Wtf? And no All The Girls Love Alice? Your version of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road sucks ass.


Well, it's his version.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
Pink Floyd - The Wall

1. Comfortably Numb


I was thinking this earlier, shoulda just released that as a single and made a different album.

Also, Electric Ladyland would be perfect if you just got rid of Little Miss Strange.
_________________
Romanelli wrote:
We're all fucked, lads.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234
Page 4 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Trimming The Fat: Making Stadium Arca... AAL2014 Music
[ Poll ] BBAT: Emperor Tomato Ketchup VS Fat O... alelsupreme Tournaments
What are your favorite double-live al... bobbyb5 Music
when it comes to double albums... DarkSideOfTheComputer Music
Favorite Double Albums? Applerill Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.