What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 537853795380 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
drakonium wrote:

Out To Hunch by Hasil Adkins

Hahahahaha wtf is that. Yourself you're the best, this certainly is one of the most bizarre albums I've ever heard. Excessively lo-fi demented rockabilly music, I'm not even sure what I think about it. Totally absurd.


Sounds awesome, drakonium! I've been meaning to check this out. I've been on a Cramps kick these past couple of days, and they were HUGE fans of Hasil Adkins. Yourself always has the good stuff!


Songs The Lord Taught Us by The Cramps

Essential for all fans of "Excessively lo-fi demented rockabilly music!"
  • Quote
Yeah, that Cramps record is incredible, as is their debut EP (which I saw you listening to not so long ago). The Adkins record is too long though, or maybe I just wasn't in the mood ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote

Are We There by Sharon Van Etten
  • Quote
drakonium wrote:
Yeah, that Cramps record is incredible, as is their debut EP (which I saw you listening to not so long ago). The Adkins record is too long though, or maybe I just wasn't in the mood :|


Have you ever seen the live footage of The Cramps playing that mental institution in California? Great stuff if you haven't.

HHmmm... That's a bummer. I was planning on checking it out anyways since I'm addicted to The Cramps right now. Looked into his recorded output on AllMusic and seems this record is indeed his finest stuff so here goes...


Out To Hunch by Hasil Adkins

Besides the obvious fact that's it's a home recording and thus demo quality only, I think it's pretty interesting at very least. But I'm only on track 4 though. Yeah, I really like it. Would be great, seedy dive bar music.

edit: Haha! I just remembered that the whole reason I'm listening to The Cramps is likely because of you and your Dicks pick! LOL.

edit2: You're totally right that this is WAY too long to be listened to a single session! But keep in mind that this is just a compilation of a bunch of his home recordings and wasn't really intended to be listen to like a proper album. Too samey for that.
  • Quote

Visiter by The Dodos
  • Quote

Hot Dreams by Timber Timbre
  • Quote

All About Chemistry by Semisonic
  • Quote

Ravedeath, 1972 by Tim Hecker
  • Quote
RepoMan wrote:
Have you ever seen the live footage of The Cramps playing that mental institution in California? Great stuff if you haven't.

HHmmm... That's a bummer. I was planning on checking it out anyways since I'm addicted to The Cramps right now. Looked into his recorded output on AllMusic and seems this record is indeed his finest stuff so here goes...


Out To Hunch by Hasil Adkins

Besides the obvious fact that's it's a home recording and thus demo quality only, I think it's pretty interesting at very least. But I'm only on track 4 though. Yeah, I really like it. Would be great, seedy dive bar music.

edit: Haha! I just remembered that the whole reason I'm listening to The Cramps is likely because of you and your Dicks pick! LOL.

edit2: You're totally right that this is WAY too long to be listened to a single session! But keep in mind that this is just a compilation of a bunch of his home recordings and wasn't really intended to be listen to like a proper album. Too samey for that.

Ow, no, I had never heard of that, I'll try to check it out then, thanks!

Yes, I really enjoyed the beginning as well but it went on for too long. I'm not sure what to think tbh. I'll think about it, and certainly give it another spin, even if I quit before the end to listen to that part later. You're right, it probably wasn't supposed to be listened in once anyway.

Haha, glad I made you (re)discover the Dicks, they indeed mean a lot to me. It's actually pretty cool that they made it to the second round. You ought to participate next time we do something like that tourney again ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Quote

Funeral by Arcade Fire
waking up in a staurday when I want to do nothing, but I still have to go out, listening to it in the way
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 537853795380 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 5379 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What Song Are You Listening To Right ... 40footwolf Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.