Albums You Added To Your Collection Today

Goto page Previous  123 ... 112113114 ... 494495496  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Wetlands by Tab Benoit


A Hangover You Don't Deserve by Bowling For Soup
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote

Schumann: Kinderszenen; Papillons; Carnaval by Jenรถ Jandรณ
  • Quote
  • Quote
I NEED TO STOP SPENDING ALL MY HARD EARNED MONEY ON ALBUMS!!!

Anyways, I went and bought more just now.


Black On Both Sides by Mos Def

And


The Trinity Session by Cowboy Junkies


๐Ÿ˜
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Mercury,
I have the same problem. O"CD".
Found two stores with used CDs and made some binge additions:
Byrds Sweetheart Of The Rodeo
Big Star #1 Record
Pulp Different Class
Lynyrd Skynyrd (pronounced 'lฤ•h-'nรฉrd 'skin-'nรฉrd)
Benny Goodman Famous 1938 Carnegie Hall Jazz Concert
Steely Dan Two Against Nature
Thelonius Monk Brilliant Corners
Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto Getz/Gilberto
Dean Kennedys Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables
Nine Inch Nails The Downward Spiral
Television Marquee Moon
Simon & Garfunkel Bridge Over Troubled Water
AC/DC Highway To Hell
Clash The Clash
Credence Clearwater Revival Cosmoโ€™s Factory

to go with one new album recently added:
Alt-J This Is All Yours
  • Quote
Damn good haul there, my Edubs friend!
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
On CD, I got:


Tago Mago by Can

and


Mogwai Young Team by Mogwai

And on vinyl, I got:


Pink Moon by Nick Drake


Modern Vampires Of The City by Vampire Weekend


Sunbather by Deafheaven

and also the soundtrack to the TV show Breaking Bad of vinyl. I absolutely loved that show and when I saw the soundtrack on "meth blue" vinyl, I just had to snag it!
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
BurningBright wrote:


and also the soundtrack to the TV show Breaking Bad of vinyl. I absolutely loved that show and when I saw the soundtrack on "meth blue" vinyl, I just had to snag it!


Never knew that existed. ๐Ÿค” Breaking Bad didn't have the most exhilarating original music though... I can't see myself ever bothering to listen to that as an album. Or does it include TV on the Radio, J.J. Cale, Badfinger, etc..?

I'm actually sampling a clip from Breaking Bad in an upcoming project. I'm using the train's rhythm in the heist episode as drums.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
A few weeks ago, my neighbour (well, ex-neighbour now) rang at my door with a present for me: I'd been helping him pass his TOEFL exam, and he wanted to thank me because he'd been taken in at the Edinburgh university where he's going to continue studying composition (he's a pianist) and hopefully make a living out of his musical skills.

The present was a โ‚ฌ50 voucher claimable at a host of different shops, among which Fnac, the high-tech/appliances/cultural megastore chain. At first, I decided to look into the prizes of various apparels that I reckoned would make my life more agreeable: a good CD player (rather than this old PS1 that does the job but is bound to die sooner or later), a good hi-fi amp, a solid 2TB external hard drive,.. and I realised 50โ‚ฌ off these pricey implements was akin to applying a band aid on a wooden leg. And so I finally decided to buy records with the bloody thing. CDs, because I still don't have an amp to plug my very old and crappyssima turntable to.

Anyway, tl;dr, today I bought โ‚ฌ50 worth of CDs. Mostly records I already know but didn't not own physically, or yes but on cassette, a format I can't even listen to anymore (on account of me having just an old Plays... you know already), or on a burned CD (that my old PS1 won't accept most of the times, the damned thing is even picky).

Art Blakey: Moanin' + Orgy in Rhythm volumes 1 & 2 (know and love Moanin', don't know the other two)
The Clash: London Calling + Combat Rock
Ornette Coleman: The Shape of Jazz to Come + Something Else!! (never heard Something Else!!)
Bob Dylan: Highway 61 Revisited + Blonde On Blonde
Howlin' Wolf: Blues from Hell (a 3-cd set compilation with all the awesome stuff on it, probably half of which I don't know)
Sonny Rollins: Saxophone Colossus (never heard it!)
The Stooges: The Stooges + Fun House

Classic shit, went for the gold ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Thanks Yann! Hope everything's fine and dandy op therr in would-have been independant Land of the Scots!
  • Quote

Field Report by Field Report


13 by Blur

And


Happiness by Lisa Germano

Just found both these cheap! I'm very happy! Especially about the Lisa Germano.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!


Last edited by Mercury on 10/09/2014 23:39; edited 1 time in total

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 112113114 ... 494495496  Next
Page 113 of 496


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Singles / EPs You Added To Your Colle... baystateoftheart Music
Albums You Purged From Your Collectio... Jimmy Dread Music
Films added to your collection nutso42 Movies & TV
Singles and / or Album Tracks Added T... LTSings Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.