CLOSED - 750: Round 1: Take Care v. Life After Death

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which album would you like to see advance?
Take Care:
30%
 30%  [6]
Life After Death:
70%
 70%  [14]
Total Votes : 20

  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
being an artist who I know is completely insincere and just saying what he thinks his fans want to hear, and yet I still love his music.


I always thought that he was a pretty honest artist. Maybe we're apart on the term "insincere", though.
  • Quote
Precedent wrote:
I always thought that he was a pretty honest artist. Maybe we're apart on the term "insincere", though.


No, I mean I think that he's dishonest. I believe the feelings that he expresses on record - his heartbreak, his desires, his aggression (though not his arrogance, funnily) - are largely manufactured, or at least shaped, so as to present a certain image and most importantly to sell records. That doesn't mean he's never felt these things at all, but they just don't ring true. He takes bits and pieces from other artists and repackages them as something unique, and I love his music, but Aubrey's never going to "catch a body".
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
No, I mean I think that he's dishonest. I believe the feelings that he expresses on record - his heartbreak, his desires, his aggression (though not his arrogance, funnily) - are largely manufactured, or at least shaped, so as to present a certain image and most importantly to sell records. That doesn't mean he's never felt these things at all, but they just don't ring true. He takes bits and pieces from other artists and repackages them as something unique, and I love his music, but Aubrey's never going to "catch a body".


Oh, yeah, I see where you're at now. I'm not really sure where I stand. Sure, somethings may be, but I don't think that the majority is dishonest.


Last edited by Precedent on 11/03/2014 21:29; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Poor Drake sounds like he needs some love. Here's a vote for ya, buddy.
  • Quote
sp4cetiger wrote:
Poor Drake sounds like he needs some love. Here's a vote for ya, buddy.


You're a good person ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Quote
At the time of its release, I had no love for Biggie, probably due to his affiliation with Puffy (whose production may actually be stellar here, but whose own album annoyed the crap out of me). Living in Biggie's hood for the past 5 years or so has changed my perception of him, and giving Life After Death a re-listen for the tourney has been refreshing. Now I really understand the praise for Biggie. Love Bone Thugs contribution on "Notorious Thugs". Sure, it could have been shorter, and it's no comparison to his debut, but I'll still take it over Take Care.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
Can't stand drake at all. Got the big album on and not at all as bad as I thought it would be. Not great though and not really my thing.
  • Quote
Ready to Die, by like miles & miles & miles & miles & miles...

Abstain, biTjizzzzzz.
  • Quote
I'm going to have to listen to Take Care now..

14-6



Life After Death advances.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] 750: Round 3: Life After Death vs. In... Hayden Tournaments
[ Poll ] 750: Round 2: Enta Da Stage v. Life A... Guest Tournaments
User Pick #3: There Is No-One What Wi... Saoirse Music
[ Poll ] 750: Round 2: Take Me To Your Leader ... Hayden Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED - 750: Round 1: RawHyde v. Tak... Precedent Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.