All of these artists have aged quite a bit and some have some haters, so just out of curiosity, what is BEA's favorite of these albums (yes I could look at their rank, but not everyone has ranked them, and I'm curious of their standing independently). I personally am a little disappointed in all of them, and the next time I listen to them, sometimes they catch me off guard and they grow on me a bit.
Monuments To An Elegy by The Smashing Pumpkins (2014)
Songs of Innocence by U2 (2014)
Sonic Highways by Foo Fighters (2014)
Morning Phase by Beck (2014)
Everything Will Be Alright In The End by Weezer (2014)
The Weezer one is the only good one out of all of those (and their best since Pinkerton). If any of you reading this who haven't heard it are fans of their first two albums from the 90s, I highly recommend their new one.
Only one I really enjoyed was Weezer, though even that had some godawful moments on it. I also stopped Songs Of Innocence after 2 songs, and haven't listened to Sonic Highways or Monuments to An Elegy. Though I hear Monuments to an Elegy isn't half bad, so I might hear it at somepoint.
Didn't even know the Smashing Pumpkins released something this year. ๐
As for the ones I've heard, Indie Cindy is garbage (but not as garbage as critics are saying it is. It's garbage with a bit of talent in it), Songs of Innocence is just lame and shows absolutely no advancement in U2, and Morning Phase is one of Beck's weakest albums.
I haven't heard the Weezer album yet, but I probably will soon, and I don't intend to listen to the new Foo Fighters... I haven't even listened to their 2011 output yet.
So, out of all of these.. um... ๐คฃ Morning Phase I guess... _________________ Doubles & Conch
A whole bevy of albums I don't care about there. I've heard Morning Phase out of them, and likely will hear the new Weezer at some point, but I have absolutely no enthusiasm or intention to listen to the rest. I do love 80s Pixies to death like everyone else, but they already had lost me by Trompe Le Monde so I don't need to hear 20 years thrown onto that. Other three I just don't give a fuck about those bands in general.
I dislike the ones I've heard and have no intention of listening to the ones I haven't. _________________ 2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum