I guess I just wasn't too impressed with his running ability either. His average yards per carry was pretty low in both games, if I recall. I just think there's too much emphasis on QBs in the media. Seemed to me the real star of that game on offense was Ezekiel Elliott.
Oh, no question about that. It just wasn't as surprising a result. But no question he was the best player on the field. Looked like he was playing against the JV team. Then I'd give second billing to the Buckeyes' defense. I guess the real story is how quickly Urban Meyer turned around that program though. But, I don't follow college football so that story doesn't resonate with me as much as story of third string quarterback winning three straight larger-than-life games. The mentality to do that, especially considering all that focus on the quarterback, is just incredible. The metal aspect of these games is so important. For instance, Mariotta seemed to shrink just a bit when facing adversity on such a massive stage. He had very different body language c/w the Florida State game.
Edit: Thanks for introducing me to Wussy, btw! Maybe my favorite record of the year already. LOL.
I guess the real story is how quickly Urban Meyer turned around that program though.
Yeah, that guy is a scary good coach. I'm glad he's in the big 10, but not happy that PSU has to play him so often.
Quote:
Edit: Thanks for introducing me to Wussy, btw! Maybe my favorite record of the year already. LOL.
Wow, nice. I heard it once, but was pretty distracted and didn't come away with strong feelings one way or the other. I'll try to revisit it tomorrow, if I can.
Haha! Great post, Repo! I will fill you in on my faves of your recs so far later.
Hey, Mercury. Still fill me in later on what recs you liked & which ones you didn't. BUT, in the meantime, I've got five NO BRAINER personalized recs for you anyways. You're going to fucking love them. All of them mine similar territory and have stylistic similarities (i.e. Alt Country)
Masterpiece that changed the game back when it dropped. One of those albums that's so good that it and it's follow up invented a whole new genre along with...
Blistering, white hot guitar. This albums smokes. Includes a Johnny Thunders cover just for you!!! ๐
So, do we have a bet for this Sunday? Just to clarify because I know I mucked things up a bit by suggesting a teaser, I'm simplifying things by just picking the Seahawks over the Packers. (even though I'll be routing for Rogers & the Packers. I love stories of people triumphing over some physical injury or pain. (Although, admittedly, it's got nothing on my own story these past twenty years. I really I hope I get the chance to triumph over this and write an inspirational book. If I do triumph, it will be one of the greatest stories ever. Crazy as it may sound, I'm not exaggerating.))
meccaleccaVoice of ReasonProfile The Land of Enchantment
I got loads of Snapchats from my friends at OSU. I envy them, haha. But I am happy as hell that OSU won, not necessarily for the school, but the state of Ohio. _________________ ...and for dessert!
I can totally get behind that. Not surprisingly, I prefer the the rough, bare bones sound of California. Plus, I always tend to recommend earlier albums in a discog. I especially have a sweet spot for where artists tend to establish their own unique signature sound. But yeah, Mercury is absolutely GORGEOUS and now that I think about, I bet our beloved Mercury would probably like it just a tad better because of the richer production and more fully realized songwriting.
meccaleccaVoice of ReasonProfile The Land of Enchantment
I can totally get behind that. Not surprisingly, I prefer the the rough, bare bones sound of California. Plus, I always tend to recommend earlier albums in a discog. I especially have a sweet spot for where artists tend to establish their own unique signature sound. But yeah, Mercury is absolutely GORGEOUS and now that I think about, I bet our beloved Mercury would probably like it just a tad better because of the richer production and more fully realized songwriting.
Yeah, it's certainly no slight on California, which I love. "Johnny Mathis' Feet" is just an incredible song. _________________ http://jonnyleather.com
MercuryTurn your back on the pay-you-back last callProfile St. Louis
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum