Complete Surprises

Goto page Previous  1234  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
alelsupreme wrote:
Less an album and more an artist...


I love her ๐Ÿคฃ Her twitter is fantastic. Plus, her EP's are usually worth a listen.

There's probably a few for me.. most recently these from last year:


Black Silk by Spooky Black


1989 by Taylor Swift


Moloch by Merkabah

&


IVRY by 100s
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
zan with that lean
shake it off
7/11
  • Quote
When my most favorite singer James Otto released his first album named Days Of Our Lives back in 2004, I was still hung up on another male in country music, so back then I never thought that I would be into James. Then came the second album from James named Sunset Man and then I was hooked. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

God bless you and him and the male of my past always!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

Holly

P.S. Before James, my most favorite male was a singer named Shane Minor who is now a full time songwriter. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„
_________________
Me & my favorite singer James Otto

Check him out here when you can!
  • Quote
JOSweetHeart wrote:
When my most favorite singer James Otto released his first album named Days Of Our Lives back in 2004, I was still hung up on another male in country music


whaaaaaaa who was this other man? Regale us with your country exes (whom I assume live in Texas).
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
HoldenM wrote:


This sounded like a cool ideaโ€“i.e. black metal plus bluegrass. And wow. It's like nothing I've ever heard. It ended up as my third favorite of 2014. Definitely one of the most underrated album of the decade.


have you listened to his other stuff? Collapse and Kentucky are both better albums imo
  • Quote
Oasis Definitely maybe[/list][/code]
  • Quote

Gorillaz by Gorillaz
_________________


Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head
  • Quote
Necharsian wrote:
have you listened to his other stuff? Collapse and Kentucky are both better albums imo


NO! I haven't. I will get on them though.
_________________
Inversion Verses
https://thesplitinfinitives1.bandcamp.com/album/inversion-verses
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
Honestly, I fell head over heels for Drake's Take Care on first listen, even though I'm genetically predisposed to hate Drake.


Funny, I was going to say the same thing. It's an excellent album.
  • Quote
For me it often happens where I got on the wrong foot with an artist, usually because I listened first to its most acclaimed album and didn't like it and am later surprised to enjoy another album that much.
This happened for instance with Fear of Music by the Talking Heads, The Royal Scam by Steely Dan or The Queen is Dead by The Smiths.
Also surprised how much I enjoyed Bob Marley & the Wailers 70s albums, didn't think any reggae was for me outside of Toots and the Maytals.

That being said the biggest recent surprise is how much I enjoy all the PC Music outputs :
Started with SOPHIE with songs like Bipp and Lemonade, which was still ok because it kinda had hints of grime or UK garage.

Link

Then it got worse, I seriously shouldn't love Hey QT that much

Link

And I end up listening to GFOTY, AG Cook, Kane West and Hannah Diamond... what happened to me ???

Link

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234  Next
Page 2 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] BEMV - R1: No Surprises def. y [TIEBR... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] BEMV - R4: Thriller def. No Surprises... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] BEMV - R1: No Surprises tied with y [... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] BEMV - R3: Svefn-g-englar lost to No ... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
Well known artists with "hidden ... Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.