Recommendations Thread

Goto page Previous  123 ... 606162 ... 101102103  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Guys What About Lost in the dream - The war on drugs
And Vetiver - Vetiver
  • Quote
Looking for something with Nick Drake style fingerpicking and strong lyricism...preferably relaxing and "woodsy"-I know that's awfully arbitrary and broad but I'm open to anything in that vein.
  • Quote
LevonTostig wrote:
Looking for something with Nick Drake style fingerpicking and strong lyricism...preferably relaxing and "woodsy"-I know that's awfully arbitrary and broad but I'm open to anything in that vein.


Perhaps you're already familiar, but some Tallest Man On Earth sounds right up your alley


The Wild Hunt by The Tallest Man On Earth


Shallow Grave by The Tallest Man On Earth


There's No Leaving Now by The Tallest Man On Earth


Sometimes The Blues Is A Passing Bird by The Tallest Man On Earth

Dat some high quality H2O right there
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
Quote:
Perhaps you're already familiar, but some Tallest Man On Earth sounds right up your alley



Shallow Grave by The Tallest Man On Earth


I am familiar with TTMOE, but you reminded me I need to give this^ a listen. Thanks!
  • Quote
LevonTostig wrote:
Looking for something with Nick Drake style fingerpicking and strong lyricism...preferably relaxing and "woodsy"-I know that's awfully arbitrary and broad but I'm open to anything in that vein.


Absolutely what rocky said. I'd rank his 2010 output - especially the EP with the long name - as the best place to go. But also his debut is awesome.

Also maybe some Jose Gonzalez is right for you

Veneer by Josรฉ Gonzรกlez

Or


The End Of History by Fionn Regan
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
LevonTostig wrote:
Looking for something with Nick Drake style fingerpicking and strong lyricism...preferably relaxing and "woodsy"-I know that's awfully arbitrary and broad but I'm open to anything in that vein.


Was going to suggest Bert Jansch's debut, but it's mostly instrumental. Anyway, if you're OK with 'no lyrics' check it out, it's pretty much part of the template from which Drake was moulded. Same goes for Davy Graham.


Tim Hardin 2 by Tim Hardin

If you have nothing against American folk? Splendid songs, lyrically it's dense.


Blues Run The Game by Jackson C Frank

Slightly on the bluesier side of folk, you need to listen to it if you haven't. Tissues must be not far. Drake has acknowledged him as an influence, if only by covering the title song.

Otherwise, acoustic Elliott Smith sometimes comes very close to Drake's atmospheres.

Oh, and this if you're ready for something 'similar but different':


Parabolรฉr by Alain Peters

Only problem is that the lyrics are in French Creole, Pรฉters being from Reunion Island. Otherwise you'll find he has a lot in common with Drake. If you're in for some exoticism (which means another language and some unusual percussive instruments) while remaining into somewhat familiar grounds, you should try it.
  • Quote
LevonTostig wrote:
Looking for something with Nick Drake style fingerpicking and strong lyricism...preferably relaxing and "woodsy"-I know that's awfully arbitrary and broad but I'm open to anything in that vein.

Check these out (in order):


The Use Of Ashes by Pearls Before Swine


These Things Too by Pearls Before Swine


One Nation Underground by Pearls Before Swine


Balaklava by Pearls Before Swine
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote
I really like the song 'On a bus' by INXS. Can anyone recommend songs/albums like that?
  • Quote
Looking for more music I have never heard before. Anything but Punk/Punk Rock music will be great. Just things you think I would like or seem to relate to me you know. ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
Kiki wrote:
Looking for more music I have never heard before. Anything but Punk/Punk Rock music will be great. Just things you think I would like or seem to relate to me you know. :)



Manos by The Spinanes

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 606162 ... 101102103  Next
Page 61 of 103


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
New Recommendations Thread RockyRaccoon Music
Recommendations Thread 2.0 KitchenSink Music
Recommendations Guest Music
Recommendations for a jazz newbie shoopadoowop Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.