BYT - G0 - 2003 (Saoirse) loses to 1980 (Norman)

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Choose the team you prefer!
2003:
37%
 37%  [9]
1980:
62%
 62%  [15]
Total Votes : 24

  • Quote
Wow, I actually got some votes. Legimately surprised. And lots of kind words, admittedly against a monster of an opposing team. Well at least I hope we have some sort of honorary awards at the end of the tourney, and I definitely have a lock on the "Most Flamboyantly Gay team" award.


Norman Bates wrote:
C'mon Saoirse, you didn't even play You Are Free against me?

Voting for myself then.

(joking, nice team, still voting for myself because I've never heard about fair play)



I knew I was gonna get wrecked this match so I decided to save it for later, don't worry it's definitely showing up eventually.
  • Quote
Personally speaking I find this a really even match-up - both have albums I adore as well as those I couldn't give a frig about, and having never heard Califone before I'm going to have to give that a spin before I ultimately make my call. So far though what's tipping it for me is Norm's inclusion of Totally Wired, which like most Fall stuff in the early 80s is a work of unmitigated genius.

Will have to do some listening and come back to you, but 1980 just tipping it ATM.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
noWaxJim wrote:
So far though what's tipping it for me is Norm's inclusion of Totally Wired, which like most Fall stuff in the early 80s is a work of unmitigated genius.


This. My favorite Fall track !

I haven't voted yet because the 2003 team is delicious. Radio Dept Unicorms Manitoba <3 <3 <3 and The Shins (early love affair).

However the 1980 albums are post-punk favorites, and I prefer the singles selection.

Will sit on this a bit longer.
_________________
I'll be your plastic toy.

  • Quote
Norman defeats Saoirse!

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] BYT - G0 - 1970 (RockyRaccoon) loses ... sp4cetiger Tournaments
[ Poll ] BYT - G0 - 2000 (Skinny) loses to 200... Defago Tournaments
[ Poll ] BYT - G0 - 1980 (Norman) loses to 197... Defago Tournaments
[ Poll ] BYT - G0 2003 (Saoirse) v 2010 (Dave) Defago Tournaments
[ Poll ] BYT Group A: 2003 (Saoirse) vs. 1995 ... RockyRaccoon Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.