You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 838485 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Missa Luba by Les Troubadours Du Roi Baudouin

I love how happy this album seems. It's not a classic, but it's definitely very enjoyable while it's on. I wish there was more I could say about it, but it really is just good religious "world" music. No Charlie over-analysis necessary.
  • Quote
Gowienczyk wrote:
Of course, I have done this.

I however, since Kiki did not give me a record am forced to be in limbo so I will probably be needing a record from somebody.


Still don't have a record to listen to...
  • Quote
Hmm, what would Gowie like....


God In Three Persons by The Residents
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:

God In Three Persons by The Residents


Been awhile since Iโ€™ve listened to this one, but I can tell you right now that itโ€™s still one of The Residents weakest albums that Iโ€™ve heard. This is not to say I dislike it, as that would be wrongโ€”but Iโ€™m not in love with it like I am โ€œCommercial Albumโ€, โ€œMeet the Residentsโ€, and โ€œThird Reich โ€˜n Rollโ€. Still have yet to listen to a Residents record as good as those three and Iโ€™m curious to see if there is an unsung classic somewhere. That said, lots of cool ideas on this record but none that greatly resonate with me.

Quote:
Applerill



The Patron by To Kill A Petty Bourgeoisie
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:
I'd especially love if DBZ shared his thoughts on this, but I think Kiki will really love

Bรญlรฉ Inferno by Iva Bittovรก & Vladimรญr Vรกclavek


It's a pretty good album ๐Ÿ˜„ The music is the best part though as the vocals were not enjoyable sometimes.

Gowienczyk can have:

El Dorado by Aterciopelados
  • Quote
Kiki wrote:

El Dorado by Aterciopelados


This one had a fairly strong start for me but by the time five or six tracks in I began to notice a steady decline of consistency and overall enjoyment; best songs on the album are tracks 1, 2, and 4 for me as well. That said this was a nice foray into conventional college rock radio with a latin flavor. Seems like the band tries to do too much, but when they focus on their jangle pop influences over all else they come to make music I just generally enjoy more.

Quote:
Kiki


I guess you can listen to:


Bed by Juliana Hatfield
  • Quote
nachosbob wrote:
I always forget about this thread I'll listen to the things that have been left for me soon...

Anyways welcome back dbz, have you listened to


The Scene Between by The Go! Team

This was actually my first experience with The Go! Team (I know right?), and I have to say, initial impressions are overwhelmingly positive. Many layers of interesting sounds that normally I'd try and analyze but this shit is so intrinsically happy that I kinda just want to listen without thinking and let flow over me and it is lovely ^_^ Thank you Nacho! Gonna listen to more Go Team fo sho

hmmm now what to give Gowi...

Oo here apropos of our last plug session:

Selling Live Water by Sole
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:

Selling Live Water by Sole


I had apparently listened to this once before and liked it, on relisten it jumped a few star ratings. I don't know what hit me this morning but I felt it was absolutely fantastic; the rhymes that felt out of early 90s "alternative" LA, the beats were really cool and gave me good vibes, and it was overall just fairly consistent for me. Good choice, might make my BEA user reccs chart.

Quote:
dbz



The Butcher's Ballroom by Diablo Swing Orchestra
  • Quote
Kiki wrote:


Bocanada by Gustavo Cerati

If not then person below can have it (although I will have to have their album too) :o


Soda Stereo was always an amazing band and Gustavo had a great solo career.
Bocanada is the best of that and I've always loved it.

For Gowi:

Si Bajo De Espalda No Me Da Miedo (y Otras Historias) by Pony Bravo.
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:

The Butcher's Ballroom by Diablo Swing Orchestra

this was struck me more or less how I assumed it would, which is as something that works really well but seriously shouldn't. There should be gimmicks! There should be more inconsistency! Conceptually this should've been an utter failure but hell I think it works pretty damn well. Not life-changing but just the fact that it's not a tragedy (and is in fact quite good) is impressive in and of itself. Fun as fuck too ๐Ÿ˜„


Happymeal! Here have this

Abayomy Afrobeat Orquestra by Abayomy Afrobeat Orquestra

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 838485 ... 197198199  Next
Page 84 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.