You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 969798 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:

Animalize by Kiss


Half of the time I was expecting to hear Kissโ€™ rendition of โ€œFootlooseโ€ come on next, the other half was some fun indulgent arena rock with metal guitars. (I enjoyed tracks 1, 6, 7, and 8.) overall not as bad I was expecting but certainly nothing Iโ€™d probably revisit. Lyrics and production are pretty much what youโ€™d expect and Gene is honing it in whilst the rest are putting some effort in.

Quote:
whoever is next



Golem by Wand
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:

Golem by Wand


Guess this would be for me. Gimme an hour or so, still gotta finish up the one DBZ gave me.
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:

Rockyyyyy


New History Warfare Vol. 2: Judges by Colin Stetson


Wow, now that was impressive. Unique, unlike most anything I've heard. I was doing a little reading up on it, I'm impressed each track was done in one take. The vocal performances were excellent ("Lord I Just Can't Keep From Crying Sometimes" is hauntingly beautiful). Excellent excellent piece.


For Gowi:

I've been on a prog binge, come join me.

Have you heard this one?


Pawn Hearts by Van Der Graaf Generator


If you have, then this one:


Blue Jays by Justin Hayward And John Lodge
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:

Golem by Wand


dividesbyzero wrote:


Alopecia by Why?


Liked them both, though I didnt fall in love with either. Alopecia really had its moments, and was overall pretty good, though I think I prefer Golem.
  • Quote

W.A.S.P. by W.A.S.P.

Wow, I hated Crimson Idol when I heard it a year ago, but this is soooo much fun. Thanks for the rec ๐Ÿ˜„


Everybody Down by Kate Tempest
  • Quote
shoopadoowop wrote:
Yeah I pretty much thought the same thing first listen, glad you liked it.

No I have not, I think I already got a recommendation but I'll listen to it anyway.

I'm gonna give another shot at recommending something to you while I'm at it:


Armchair Apocrypha by Andrew Bird

I have a feeling you've already heard it, if so then try this one:


The Beast In Its Tracks by Josh Ritter

sorry to keep making this difficult but I've heard (and enjoy) both of these...
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
sorry to keep making this difficult but I've heard (and enjoy) both of these...


I be slowpokin, but....


Primordial Lift by Pauline Oliveros
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:
I be slowpokin, but....


Primordial Lift by Pauline Oliveros

I loved Accordion & Voice so I'm excited for this ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
sorry to keep making this difficult but I've heard (and enjoy) both of these...


Fair enough. I just want to avoid really digging into my library and finding something weird to recommend like what it seems everyone else is doing (which is fine if thats your thing)
  • Quote
shoopadoowop wrote:
Fair enough. I just want to avoid really digging into my library and finding something weird to recommend like what it seems everyone else is doing (which is fine if thats your thing)

The point is to recommend an album they haven't heard, not for the sake of being "weird"

You of all people should see the purpose in this

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 969798 ... 197198199  Next
Page 97 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.