Just Remember What The Ass Do In A Sundress

Goto page Previous  123, 456 ... 131415  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
November 24th at 11:56a.m.


Cosmogramma by Flying Lotus

GOOD MORNING BEA!! So this Thanksgiving break I am taking "resting" seriously. Especially after working my tail off this semester with organic chemistry and sociology (my sociology professor is incredibly boring [well, could also be the subject itself] and his only grades are tests which are hard af), traveling all over the place for regattas or visiting friends at other universities, trying to maintain my physique, a lack of sleep due to my busyness and stress with school, relationships, and general worrying for the future. So, I'm starting the day revisiting a Fly Lo record since I fell in love with Los Angeles yesterday. I plan on getting in one or few punk recs I requested, also revisiting 808s and Heartbreak since it's its anniversary today!

Onto this album. Currently listening to it on vinyl (which sounds stellar). Not as fluid as Los Angeles, but still retains the interstellar journey sound I always get from Flying Lotus. Fantastic part of my collection.

EDIT: Also, throw in Spaces by Nils Frahm in the to be listened to pile today. I will eventually get to the other ones when I feel like it... (feel asleep during Ballasted Orchestra last night...)
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
November 24th at 3:36p.m.


Spaces by Nils Frahm

VMP announced their AOTM and of course I had to check it out. I really wished it was snowing outside... This album compliments perfect wintry weather, where the snow falls so gently it looks like it is suspended in the air, and a clean white blanket covers whatever the eye can see. Very gentle album, yet contains enough climactic moments to keep me interested. Very interest, that is.

Rating: 90/100
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
November 24th at 4:53p.m.


808s And Heartbreak by Kanye West

Revisiting this album for this anniversary was totally worth it. So worth it, that it propelled itself to my second favorite Kanye album. Kanye at his minimum still delivers proudly. Each song has wonderful character to them and is a fantastic cohesive whole. And the fact that this album inspired some of my favorite albums in general (Take Care and Rodeo for example)... God damn, this one got me real good.

Rating: 95/100

You know what? Here is my revised favorite Kanye albums (excluding collaborative projects):

1. MBDTF
2. 808s & Heartbreak
3. Late Registration
4. Graduation
5. Yeezus
6. College Dropout
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
November 24th at 6:37p.m.


Circulatory System by Circulatory System

Pretty interesting album. Very dreamy and a decent handful of good songs. Just not as memorable as I'd wish it to be.

Rating: 65/100
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
November 24th at 7:48p.m.


You're Dead! by Flying Lotus

Revisited my other Flying Lotus vinyl. Not as much of a fan of the jazzy sounds, but still amazing album.

Now, onto my copy of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness... on vinyl!
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
November 24th at 10:55p.m.


Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness by The Smashing Pumpkins

A legendary album in all sense of the phrase. Always great to revisit. A two hour journey from the inner spheres of the self to the outer spheres of the universe with all of the stars between. Forever will hold a special place in my heart. Thank you, Smashing Pumpkins.

Rating: 100/100
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
November 29th at 12:27a.m.

Just got back from the hookah bar with some of my best friends. The joint had an excellent playlist with some Kanye, Drake, J Cole, Kendrick, and Future, plus some throwback hits I can't really remember off the top of my head. Got me very nostalgic and started listening to songs I jammed to back in 2010-2011.

Haven't really had the motivation to listen to a new album lately. I fell asleep during m83's Hurry Up, We're Dreaming, which demotivated me to listen to it again. Tomorrow, I gotta punch out a lab report, so I may listen to a jazz album or ambient album to get me rolling.
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
December 2nd at 7:02p.m.


Harmony In Ultraviolet by Tim Hecker

Not as beautiful as Virgins, not as breathtaking as Ravedeath, 1972. Some very cool textures, though.

Rating: 65/100

I want to get to some recommendations soon, but I am having trouble searching for some of them, and I don't wanna download some stuff illegally. #lawabidingcitizen
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
December 2nd at 7:58p.m.


Avec Laudenum by Stars Of The Lid

This is probably the most relaxing Stars of the Lid album I've heard yet (I've only listened to Refine and Tired Sounds... Fell asleep during Ballasted Orchestra, which I will give another shot soon). Soothing sounds, plus I just love the cover art. I may purchase this on vinyl.

Rating: 85/100
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
December 5th at 3:57p.m.


Speedin' Bullet 2 Heaven by Kid Cudi

I have no idea why Kid Cudi keeps going down this road of twistedness. Depression? This is shitty. How does he even like his own music he is making? I don't think even a MOTM 3 follow up will save his career.

Rating: 20/100
_________________
...and for dessert!

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123, 456 ... 131415  Next
Page 5 of 15


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Great long ass albums DJTommy Music
[ Poll ] Even better best 90's album for Purpl... Imbacktosavethuniverse Music
Can you help me remember a song please? Puncture Repair Music
Psst...Hey...Remember That One BEA Th... Romanelli Music
11-11-11 Remember the Sabbath Day! Captain_Dude Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.