Hip-Hop Albums. Any Recommandations?

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Hi, I liked a lot the last Lamar album but i'm not really into hip-hop music.
Can anyone write down some hip-hop albums that i may like or that i should listen? (old and new stuff)

Thank you very much!


Last edited by MLou on 12/08/2015 17:47; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Are "advices" when rappers promote things like cigarettes and alcohol and energy drinks?
  • Quote
Hi there MLou ๐Ÿ˜„
I have some albums for u:
Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) by Wu-Tang Clan
Illmatic by Nas
Madvillainy by Madvillain
The Chronic by Dr. Dre
Absence by Dรคlek
Run The Jewels 2 by Run The Jewels
Straight Outta Compton by N.W.A
Tical by Method Man
Me Against The World by 2Pac
Supa Dupa Fly by Missy Elliott
_________________
Not Talulah?
- Gosh!
  • Quote
some older stuff..
Liquid Swords - GZA (1995)
Illadelph Halflife - The Roots (1996)
The Score - Fugees (1996)

some newer stuff..
How I Got Over - The Roots (2010)
The Earn - yU (2011)
Southsiders - Atmosphere (2014)
Pinata - Freddie Gibbs & Madlib (2014)
The Good Fight - Oddisee (2015)
The Night Took Us In Like Family - L'Orange & Jeremiah Jae (2015)
  • Quote
The Roots are a good place to start if you aren't usually into hip hop. They use mostly live instrumentation.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=1902
  • Quote
Thank you! I'll take a look
  • Quote
There's a link to my hip-hop chart below. It has hip-hop albums on it.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
There's a link to my hip-hop chart below. It has hip-hop albums on it.

oh hey I have one of those too. It's not as cool as Skinny's, but that means it has Eyedea and cLOUDDEAD on it, so ya know coolness is overrated
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
oh hey I have one of those too. It's not as cool as Skinny's, but that means it has Eyedea and cLOUDDEAD on it, so ya know coolness is overrated


Actually, I also have one. Though it isn't necessarily for hip-hop, but for Autist-Hop.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=8081

(It's finally at 100 entries, BTW)
  • Quote
Judging by your chart, you're really looking for progressive albums. This is a little foggy within Hip Hop, but I reckon you'll get a progressive buzz out of these records:


Ready To Die by The Notorious B.I.G.


Strange Journey Volume Three by CunninLynguists


Below The Heavens by Blu & Exile


...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin by The Roots

All albums have a good sense of flow to them, and the feeling of a connected story between songs. I think you'll be safe to listen to anything by The Roots, but their latest album is probably their most conceptual, from what I understand.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Top 50 Hip-Hop/Rap Albums btener11 Music
50 Greatest Hip-Hop albums (Builder g... Hayden Tournaments
Best Hip Hop/R & B/Soul/Funk Albums AfterHours Music Diaries
Your Favorite Producer-Led Hip Hop Al... thirstyDog Music
Are Hip-Hop albums under-rated on BEA? GeevyDallas Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.