Musical random chat

Goto page Previous  123 ... 822823824 ... 982983984  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
http://jymptom.bandcamp.com/album/fleeting-pigments

My friend from school made some of the best ambient music you'll hear this year. And I'm not just saying this because he is my friend. He nailed some sounds I've been begging to hear be created.


Fleeting Pigments by Jymptom
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:


It'll obviously not be Kendrick rapping over harp-driven beats ๐Ÿคฃ


I could totally see them doing a single song collaboration with her doing most of the instrumental work on harp, some strings in the background, and Kendrick just rapping over that. Maybe that's just cuz I've heard some pretty weird experimental harp stuff due to my high school sort of being a hub for harp players in the Bay Area (no clue why but for that we own a harp?), but that wouldn't be totally shocking to me at all.

I actually think it could work in a lot of ways as a single song - her doing the hook, her doing backing vocals of some sort, her arranging something and Kendrick going over top, I just can't see this working as an album at all. It's like The Uncluded - a singer I like but don't love and a great rapper, and it just gets old over the course of an entire project. It's why Eminem and Dido worked once, Common and Lily Allen worked once, that sort of "impressive female vocals with rapper" thing sort of works on a track by track basis but I've never encountered a full album where it works (if anyone can point me in the direction of one, that'd be great). Hell, I don't know if I've ever heard an album where the same person, male or female, previously famous or not, does hooks with a rapper on every track that worked well.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
Anti wrote:
http://jymptom.bandcamp.com/album/fleeting-pigments


This was a nice listen, but I don't know if it's quite up there with the best I've heard this year. It felt like we kinda rushed thru a lot of the tracks on here, I think things need to get slowed down, but there's some good stuff in there for sure.
  • Quote
Anyone know where I can legally purchase/listen to this:


In The Presence Of Nothing by Lilys

The prices for the CD are outrageous.
  • Quote
Can someone explain the lyrics to Anohni's 4 Degrees to me? ๐Ÿค”

It's obviously about global warming, but.. is it pro-global warming? Or are the lyrics sarcastic?

"I wanna hear the dogs crying for water
I wanna see fish go belly-up in the sea
All those lemurs and all those tiny creatures
I wanna see them burn"

Like, what.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Pitchfork wrote:
ANOHNI also talked about "4 Degrees", a new song that emerged earlier this year in live performances. "I have grown tired of grieving for humanity, and I also thought I was not being entirely honest by pretending that I am not a part of the problem," she said. "'4 Degrees' is kind of a brutal attempt to hold myself accountable, not just valorize my intentions but also reflect on the true impact of my behaviors." - sauce


i would have interpreted it personally as a reflection of queer ecology - fatalistic, even accelerationist modes of interfacing with nature that intend to force humanity into apocalypse instead of allowing the reterritorializing forces of colonialism/capitalism to once again further centralize resources and other the queer body (in the fight for "the future" in the form of children, which, when framed as the productive force of society, reduces queer people to unproductive status and other to the overriding political economic ideology). see Lee Edelman if you're interested in that interpretation.
  • Quote
Hey guys, just wondering what are your favourite albums to sleep to. I know I could've set up a new thread for this, but it will probably just go down into the darkest recesses of BEA's long-term memory. Anyway, I've enjoyed dozing off to these albums:


Salad Days by Mac DeMarco


Currents by Tame Impala
_________________
  • Quote

Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed


I just go with some ambient, or J Holter. Try Eno.
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote
I sleep to cars outside it feels good. music keeps me awake.
  • Quote
HazeyTwilight wrote:
Hey guys, just wondering what are your favourite albums to sleep to. I know I could've set up a new thread for this, but it will probably just go down into the darkest recesses of BEA's long-term memory. Anyway, I've enjoyed dozing off to these albums:



Since I Left You by The Avalanches


Vocalcity by Luomo


Does It Look Like I'm Here? by Emeralds
_________________
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums

Top 100 Music Albums of the 2010s

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 822823824 ... 982983984  Next
Page 823 of 984


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Random chat HigherThanTheSun Lounge
Let's just have a random video game chat Guest Lounge
Sticky the Random Chat and the "... Guest Suggestions
chat Guest Suggestions
Our Country Music Chat JOSweetHeart Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.