Just Remember What The Ass Do In A Sundress

Goto page Previous  123 ... 789 ... 131415  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
December 19th at 1:15p.m.


King Push โ€“ Darkest Before Dawn: The Prelude by Pusha T

Some of the beginning tracks sounded kind of weak, but the later half... oh my. It certainly is Pusha season! The future looks promising for him...

Rating: 75/100
  • Quote
December 20th at 10:41p.m.


ร‰cailles De Lune by Alcest

This may be the most beautiful blackgaze album I've heard (granted, I've only listened to 2 other ones).

Rating: 90/100
  • Quote
December 21st at 9:32p.m.


Red Album by Baroness

This is my first time listening to Baroness *gasp* and it was a really good introduction to the band. Aggressive sludge metal with some beautiful parts to it. Artwork is gorgeous. It is really accessible for those not into heavy metal music.

Rating: 80/100
  • Quote
Alright, so here is an updated version of my top 10 albums of 2015. Not a major update, just a small tweaking in rankings.

1. To Pimp A Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar
2. Summertime '06 by Vince Staples
3. In Colour by Jamie xx
4. New Bermuda by Deafheaven
5. Rodeo by Travi$ Scott
6. DS2 by Future
7. Garden Of Delete by Oneohtrix Point Never
8. I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside by Earl Sweatshirt
9. Currents by Tame Impala
10. The Epic by Kamasi Washington

I'm really falling in love with this lately:


I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside by Earl Sweatshirt

With Grief still just being perfect. Mantra is great as well, and the Radio part for AM // Radio is really cool. Even though it's 30 minutes long, I feel like it's perfect as it is, just like Doris is. Speaking of which, I may give it a spin on ye ol' turn table tomorrow.
  • Quote
December 22nd at 1:32a.m.


Doris by Earl Sweatshirt

For a little while, the song Molasses was just alright to me. It was the last song on here that prevented me from giving this a perfect score from me. Now that I finally own a copy of this on vinyl, I gave a few more hard listens and I think it finally clicked. Alas! The ninth album to be given a perfect score by Anti! DORIS by EARL SWEATSHIRT. You've earned it.

Rating: 100/100
  • Quote
December 22nd at 1:06p.m.


Nashville Skyline by Bob Dylan

I haven't listened to a Bob Dylan album in so long. This was tossed in front of my eyes a little while ago. Country Bob Dylan. Sounded interesting enough, and I just love that title. Nashville Skyline. It's a short album, only running 26 minutes, but it is perfect timing. Opens up with a great duet with the legendary Johnny Cash. Lay Lady Lay and Tell Me That It Isn't True may be some of my favorite Dylan songs to date. Interesting change in vocals, but his normal folky sounding voice would just make this another folk release for his discography. Great album! My new favorite from him!

Rating: 90/100
  • Quote
December 22nd at 4:07p.m.


Separation by Balance And Composure

It was REALLY GOOD for the first half, then it got extremely same-y and whiney. If you're a big fan of grunge rock then you'll love this. I just wish there was more variety of emotions instead of whininess throughout the whole damn thing. Not bad, overall. Just needs variety.

Rating: 70/100
  • Quote
December 23rd at 1:57p.m. Happy Festivus!


Aquemini by OutKast

Outkast you guys impressed me again. Aquemini is now tied for my favorite OutKast album. Dense album with some lush production, still tossing in some pimp-funky tunes in the mix. I'm thoroughly convinced that OutKast is the greatest thing to come out of the 90s. There haven't been many people updating their music diaries lately, huh?

Rating: 95/100

EDIT: Here is a small ranking of all of the OutKast albums I've listened to thus far:
1) Southerplayalisticadillacmuzik and Aquemini
3) Stankonia
4) ATLiens (last, but still very good)


Last edited by Anti on 12/24/2015 06:58; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
December 23rd at 7:21p.m.


Vocalcity by Luomo

If this album was just cut to half its length, it would be noticeably better. The shortest song is 10 minutes long, but it's not so much the length. It's how repetitive the songs are. The tunes are quite wonderful, actually, but they stretch on and on for a time that would be more appropriate for about 4 minutes to 6 minutes max. I would've enjoyed this album a lot more if either:

A) The songs were decently trimmed
or
B) There was more variety within these lengthy tracks

Still. It wasn't terrible or bad. Just too lengthy and repetitive. Plus some more climactic moments would've been appreciated.

Rating: 65/100
  • Quote
Anti wrote:
December 22nd at 4:07p.m.


Separation by Balance And Composure

It was REALLY GOOD for the first half, then it got extremely same-y and whiney. If you're a big fan of grunge rock then you'll love this. I just wish there was more variety of emotions instead of whininess throughout the whole damn thing. Not bad, overall. Just needs variety.

Rating: 70/100


I can feel that. You might enjoy Sainthood Reps, similar ideas but with some more variety and (imo) much better production.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 789 ... 131415  Next
Page 8 of 15


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] Even better best 90's album for Purpl... Imbacktosavethuniverse Music
Great long ass albums DJTommy Music
11-11-11 Remember the Sabbath Day! Captain_Dude Music
Random things you remember from child... Guest Lounge
"Remember Me" not working/c... culwin Suggestions

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.