hey guys!
my top ten:
1 - Grave of the Fireflies
2 - Paris, Texas
3 - The Shining
4 - Full Metal Jacket
5 - Once Upon a Time in America
6 - Back to the Future
7 - The Name of the Rose
8 - When Harry met Sally...
9 - Blue Velvet
10 - Cinema Paradiso _________________ Not Talulah?
- Gosh!
Also, with the recent addition of the last submitted list, the first and second spots are separated by only 1 point. Which is crazy considering how many points both of them have, and how far ahead the #1 was just yesterday.
yay !!
I'm so excited to see the results!!
and thanks a lot for sharing your list guys, it was really helpful to me.
I was kind of surprised to not see Gandhi on your list, it's a really interesting movie.
and...I decided to throw in the battlefield some guilty pleasures such as Dirty Dancing, Flashdance...and muahahahaihih...I'm not going to say the other one!
I'm also a bit sad 'cause I didn't have the time to watch Sid and Nancy, I'm sure that it is a great one.
Mercury wrote:
Man, I haven't seen it. :(
man...you should really see that movie! _________________ Not Talulah?
- Gosh!
I pieced this together kind of last minute (I'll do it this weekend, he said to himself, not realizing the deadline was before the weekend), but here's my list, hopefully I didn't forget too many important things:
1 Better Off Dead (1985)
2 The Princess Bride (1987)
3 True Stories (1986)
4 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
5 Raising Arizona (1987)
6 Star Wars V (1980)
7 A Christmas Story (1983)
8 Back to the Future (1985)
9 Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
10 Star Trek IV (1986)
11 Amadeus (1984)
12 Ghostbusters (1984)
13 The Breakfast Club (1985)
14 The Blues Brothers (1980)
15 Blade Runner (1982)
16 The Abyss (1989)
17 Star Wars VI (1983)
18 Star Trek II (1982)
19 Critters (1986)
20 The Karate Kid (1984)
21 Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
22 Die Hard (1988)
23 Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
24 Back to the Future II (1989)
25 Beetlejuice (1988)
26 Re-Animator (1985)
27 The Gods Must Be Crazy (1980)
28 Turner and Hooch (1989) [mostly because it's all filmed in and around the town I was born so I'm mega biased]
29 Major League (1989)
30 Short Circuit (1986)
I wasn't able to find Brazil or After Hours in time and I'm still not convinced I've seen all of Wings of Desire or Repo Man in one sitting and I'm bummed about those. Same goes for any Cronenberg. In fact, just about the only 80s movie I was able to go out of my way to see was Raising Arizona.
EDIT: I love you guys to death but was I seriously the only one with Better Off Dead on my list or did I miss it somewhere else? It's so wonderfully campy while still having legitimately funny jokes and some actually interesting looks at the way people around a suicidal person ignore it. _________________
I feel compelled to say that our current 101-115 (so, just outside the list), has some stellar films in it that I'm really hoping get bumped today in order to make it on the final list...
Hoping to see some last minute submissions ๐จ _________________ Doubles & Conch
List will be posted tomorrow. Thanks to all those who participated.
It's an interesting list. I think some people are going to be shocked on some of the stuff that didn't make it, along with a few surprisingly high placements. _________________ Doubles & Conch
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum