Albums You Added To Your Collection Today

Goto page Previous  123 ... 202203204 ... 494495496  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
noWaxJim wrote:

First UK press. A fiver.



Megaton Dub 2 by Lee 'Scratch' Perry

Contains a cracking dub of the Congo's Fisherman. I've always believed Scratch's two Megaton LPs - and not his Super Ape albums - are by far his best dub records. Highly recommend giving them a spin.


Thanx for the tip Jim. I'm listening to it on your link now ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
Just popped out for a wander through the racks at my local record emporium, The Rock Box in Camberley. My old bandmate Peter has started working there again, which is fab as it means a) someone's been put in charge of the 2nd hand section who I know bases prices on whatever comes into his head at the time, and b) I can get some deals-and-a-half. Such as the below, all picked up today:


Surfer Rosa by Pixies

68/100. Granted it's the repress but it doesn't look like it's ever been played. ยฃ8.


Hatful Of Hollow by The Smiths

Original Rough Trade press. Sleeve has a couple of marks (in Peter's own words - 'it looks like someone's had their dinner off it' (it's not that bad really)), record's fine. ยฃ4


New York Dolls by New York Dolls

Original UK press. Immaculate, spinning it now. ยฃ8 - guide price is ยฃ60. Crackers.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote

Secrets by Deep Sea Diver

This is a great album, you guys, you gotta listen to it.

I have a serious crush on their frontwoman. It's bad ๐Ÿซข

I went to one of their shows. I saw her outside the venue chatting with some guys. I could have gone up and joined them ๐Ÿงฑ I couldn't ๐Ÿ˜ข couldn't do it....

And at the beginning of the show she walked through the crowd as she played guitar. Goddamn I wish she would've walked by me ๐Ÿ˜ข
  • Quote

"Heroes" by David Bowie
Picked this up on re-mastered cd today from local supermarket for a fiver! Great value.
  • Quote
noWaxJim wrote:
Just popped out for a wander through the racks at my local record emporium, The Rock Box in Camberley. My old bandmate Peter has started working there again, which is fab as it means a) someone's been put in charge of the 2nd hand section who I know bases prices on whatever comes into his head at the time, and b) I can get some deals-and-a-half. Such as the below, all picked up today:


Surfer Rosa by Pixies

68/100. Granted it's the repress but it doesn't look like it's ever been played. ยฃ8.


Hatful Of Hollow by The Smiths

Original Rough Trade press. Sleeve has a couple of marks (in Peter's own words - 'it looks like someone's had their dinner off it' (it's not that bad really)), record's fine. ยฃ4


New York Dolls by New York Dolls

Original UK press. Immaculate, spinning it now. ยฃ8 - guide price is ยฃ60. Crackers.

Rock Box is local to my work and I've never had the success you had today! Not worth me going tomorrow then ,all the good stuffs gone!!
  • Quote
Had to return Fred Frith's Gravity because it was too warped to play the first half of each side (genuinely distraught), and picked up original issues of Hugh Hopper's 1984 and Steve Miller's and Lol Coxhill's first collaboration (Steve Miller of Caravan, not "The Joker" fame).
  • Quote

Lovers Rock Reggae Style by Love Joys

Currently sitting proudly at #101 in my overall, an essential slab of early 80s lovers/dancehall inna Showcase stylee. Had to get it from France in the end 'cos no bugger's got it on vinyl here. Big up Wackies and ting.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
liveinacar wrote:
Rock Box is local to my work and I've never had the success you had today! Not worth me going tomorrow then ,all the good stuffs gone!!


The key to a successful crate dig at the Rock Box is blind faith, perserverence and making friends with those behind the cash desk. I've been shopping there as long as I care to remember - I was in a band with 2 lads behind the counter (one - the aforementioned Peter - is back behind the till after over a decade and is the guy who prices the second hand stuff). Luckily I got there just as he bought a load of stuff from the back to price, but they had loads left and loads still to go out, so worth a pop back.

By the way, next time you're in the shop crane your neck up to the ceiling above the counter and you'll see a few gigs posters/flyers for Being Drawn South, my old band. We had a single out, don't you know (it's on Discogs and everything).
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote



Pick these up yesterday.
  • Quote

Forget About It by Alison Krauss
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 202203204 ... 494495496  Next
Page 203 of 496


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Singles / EPs You Added To Your Colle... baystateoftheart Music
Albums You Purged From Your Collectio... Jimmy Dread Music
Films added to your collection nutso42 Movies & TV
Singles and / or Album Tracks Added T... LTSings Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.