What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 870287038704 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Back To Black by Amy Winehouse
  • Quote

After The Original Style by Slovenly
  • Quote

Insomniac by Green Day
_________________
fav artists NOW | ALL-TIME favs | i listen 2 more music than u so u don't have 2!
  • Quote
All of Today's Parties... so far at least:


A Rush Of Blood To The Head by Coldplay


Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots by The Flaming Lips


Turn On The Bright Lights by Interpol


Neon Bible by Arcade Fire


The Moon & Antarctica by Modest Mouse
  • Quote

Merriweather Post Pavilion by Animal Collective

Ok, now onto this... I've tried it a few times in the past and just wasn't crazy about it. I was told I needed to be under the influence, but idk... isn't that kind a cop out?
  • Quote

In A Silent Way by Miles Davis
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
sethmadsen wrote:
isn't that kind a cop out?

This is actually something I've been thinking about recently. People say "You need to be high to get it" because they probably didn't "get it" until they were high, or at least enjoyed it more. I can personally attest to this. But the reason behind this is that when you're high, you're less inclined to try to focus on individual elements such as lyrics or hooks and instead take in the music as a whole and tune into the expression and emotion instead of an individual element. If you want to enjoy MPP more, I would just try to relax and focus on the feeling it expresses.
  • Quote

First Born by Eyedea & Abilities

Since I can't watch the Cavs game rn...
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
MrFrogger wrote:
This is actually something I've been thinking about recently. People say "You need to be high to get it" because they probably didn't "get it" until they were high, or at least enjoyed it more. I can personally attest to this. But the reason behind this is that when you're high, you're less inclined to try to focus on individual elements such as lyrics or hooks and instead take in the music as a whole and tune into the expression and emotion instead of an individual element. If you want to enjoy MPP more, I would just try to relax and focus on the feeling it expresses.


Good points. It's like that art I could never get into where you see stuff if you cross your eyes.

Thanks!

I will say it clicked a little more, but I only got to the 8th song before needing something else. I guess my brain is trained to listen to the bombastic rock beat, so if it is missing that.. idk. That's just a thought right now, I don't know if it is even a coherent thought.
  • Quote

For Emma, Forever Ago by Bon Iver

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 870287038704 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 8703 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What note are you listening to right ... GARY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.