Best Metal Album Tournament - Rules and Info

Goto page Previous  123, 45 ... 101112  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Scum by Napalm Death

yaaay!!
_________________
Not Talulah?
- Gosh!
  • Quote
Jim likes Napalm Death?? I'll admit I didn't expect that. Truly a man of many surprises
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
Jim likes Napalm Death?? I'll admit I didn't expect that. Truly a man of many surprises


But the lyrics to the title track are so fucking profound:


Link

_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
Otaaaay. You're riiiiight. I'll wait for word from the boss of this tourney to make that nom official.


It doesn't seem like we'll hit 64 with only new nominations, so I'll open up more nominations per person. I think it's safe to open it up to three noms per person, so:

If you've already nominated an album, you can nominate 2 more.
If you haven't nominated anything, what are you waiting for? Also you get 3 nominations.

I'll count NOLA as your second nom, Mercury.

Jimmy Dread wrote:
Having said that I know close to zilch about metal but if this is allowed I'll have this please, just to play along...And like Norm I haven't heard Master of Puppets or Number of the Beast either


While I am by no means an expert in grindcore I'd say it counts.

And I've updated the blurb about Master of Puppets ๐Ÿ˜„ Seriously though, I didn't mean that to be condescending, I was mostly worried about having 8 Metallica / Iron Maiden albums nominated which wouldn't make for an exciting tourney. An idea I just had would be, if there are still spots open after everyone's nominated more albums, to throw some classics from the top 750 in there to see how they fair against the other picks. Kind of a "how does the canon stack up against the forum's favorite albums?" thing. Maybe:

Master of Puppets / Ride the Lightning
Paranoid / some other Black Sabbath album
Number of the Beast / some other Iron Maiden album
Something by Dream Theater or Guns n Roses

Let me know what you think, everyone. If the idea gets support I'll decrease the album limit to 60 and throw in some higher ranked stuff, though I don't want to make it seem like I'm just nominating more stuff myself ๐Ÿ˜
_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.
  • Quote
Oh, and for one of my new noms I'll add this. Can't decide on a third one just yet.


At The Heart Of Winter by Immortal
_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.
  • Quote
babyBlueSedan wrote:
An idea I just had would be, if there are still spots open after everyone's nominated more albums, to throw some classics from the top 750 in there to see how they fair against the other picks. Kind of a "how does the canon stack up against the forum's favorite albums?" thing. Maybe:

Master of Puppets / Ride the Lightning
Paranoid / some other Black Sabbath album
Number of the Beast / some other Iron Maiden album
Something by Dream Theater or Guns n Roses


Personally I don't like this idea, but it's your tourney chap. You'll end up getting non-regulars just vote for things they've heard on reputation alone which would defeat the whole object of championing some of the more obscure, outside the Top 750 stuff.

Besides, Scum is going to win anyway... SCUM!
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
oooo more noms

here are my other two:


Unquestionable Presence by Atheist


Life... The Best Game In Town by Harvey Milk
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
Yeah I say keep the top 1000 or so out of this tourney.

Anyway, my next nom will be

Anno Domini by Tormentor

gonna think about my third for a bit

edit: nah forget it I'll just nom this

Obscuritatem Advoco Amplectรฉre Me by Abruptum
  • Quote
alright, my next ones:
Heartwork by Carcass
Cause Of Death by Obituary
_________________
Not Talulah?
- Gosh!
  • Quote
Fair enough, I didn't think about people voting based on what they were familiar with. I know it's my tourney but I like to be a benevolent ruler who asks the opinions of his followers.

Also, decided on this for my third pick, we need more doom metal:


Soma by Windhand
_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.


Last edited by babyBlueSedan on 11/04/2016 03:50; edited 1 time in total

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123, 45 ... 101112  Next
Page 4 of 12


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Announcement: BestEverAlbums.com site rules albummaster Music
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Rules and Questions- Best New Milleni... Guest Tournaments
[ Poll ] Best Year in Hip-Hop Tournament (form... Skinny Tournaments
Best Year In Music - Tournament: RUL... Wombi Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.